Inseparable (ANEMARIN)

The Princess of the SeaWings disturbed the water with her tail, creating little ripples across the surface. It was nothing compared to the large splashes the other SeaWings were making, and usually Anemone would be joining them; but today she felt perfectly content on her boulder.

She was in the underground pool, as she always was whenever the students of Jade Mountain Academy had free time. Naturally, it was the SeaWings' favourite place in the school. It was also favoured by a couple of RainWings: namely Kinkajou who loved spending her time there with Turtle, and... Tamarin.

Anemone felt her heart speed up at just the thought of the blind RainWing as she stole a glance at her. Tamarin was resting on one of the large flat boulders by the pool, her tail and claws drawing in the water, creating paintings in the ripples.

Anemone groaned internally. She would love to be even just Tamarin's friend. But Tamarin was a RainWing and she was a SeaWing.

And worse... Tamarin was a girl.

Usually, such a frivolous detail wouldn't matter; in fact, if Anemone were anyone but herself, it wouldn't matter. But of course, the thought had crossed Anemone's mind more than once (mostly due to Pike constantly reminding her – why?) about the fact that a princess as herself could only produce heirs to the royal bloodline if she had dragonets – and to have dragonets meant finding a partner. A male partner.

Speaking of Pike, the thin grey-ish student wasn't in the water playing with the other SeaWings; instead he stood rooted behind Anemone, with a face like he was ready to protect her, as always. 

Anemone turned her full attention back to Tamarin, who was a lavender-purple colour with her underbelly a light yellow. The colours weren't bright like Kinkajou's, but more... muted.

Pulses of red ebbed from around the scars Tamarin had received from her time in the rainforest and the burns from the history cave. Every time she had a muscle-spasm or wing-twitch, the RainWing made a face as though she was trying not to wince.

Anemone sighed, crossing over her paws. Without really registering what she was thinking, she said to herself, "I wish you would just heal up already, scars! You don't even deserve to be on a dragon that beautiful, let alone cause her –"
She caught herself too late.

No sooner than the words had left the Princess's enchanted jaws did the command leap to life.
Before her eyes, Tamarin's injuries healed up – the cuts closing over themselves to create skin, the burns fleshing over to rebuild muscle and scales.
A lifetime of learning and falling and failure erased itself from the RainWing's body.

Tamarin gasped loudly, out of shock rather than pain. "What's going on?" She asked, her eyes growing wide behind the blindfold. "I – my burns!" Her paws went to her sides, feeling the new skin. "The scars, I ... I can't feel them anymore!"

Then Anemone had an idea.

"Oh, goodness, Tamarin!" The Princess leapt off the boulder and made her way to the RainWing in question, leaving an alarmed Pike behind her. "I'm so sorry, Tamarin, that was me! I accidentally enchanted your scars away!"

Tamarin's jaw fell, facing the Princess as she stopped a paw away from her. "You... magicked them away?"

Anemone nodded instinctively, went to mentally slap herself, then realised Tamarin would know anyway. "I, um, I acted out of instinct when I saw you were in... in pain."

Tamarin was still touching for the burns to make sure they were really gone. She stirred the water thoughtfully with her tail. "I... I mean, I'm not in pain anymore... but I did like my scars..."