°•¤●Silent Comfort●¤•°

[Chapter 15]

[-•¤Yuuki¤•-]

-Meanwhile-

"He's online!" I say shouting. Myself, Siune and Kirito were about to make our way to the Salamander's Headquarters to ask the General what happened between him and our friend.

The two who were walking in front of me now stopped to take a look. The menu floated in front of me, showing Akato's icon and location.

I pointed them to where he is, and to our surprise, he was already at the inn where we were a moment ago.

"Hey, Yuuki, you two should go to him first, I'll be right back after I talk to the Gener-". Another icon popped in front of Kirito's field before he finished his sentence for me.

It was a white fairy icon. Someone he knows is now online. He took a quick check-in of his messages for a few seconds. Finally, he continued:

"Well, change of plans, a friend of mine came up and wants to see me. So, while I meet up with them, you two can stay there at the inn. I'll bring them along to see Akato."

"Sounds good," Siune says to him.

The black swordsmen summoned his wings and flew high, disappearing from our sights.

The inn is just a few blocks back, I grabbed Siune's hand and quickly ran to the marker on my map.

It took only a few minutes and we already arrived at the doorstep.

I didn't want to waste a single moment, I nudged the door handle meaning to push it open, but Siune caught my arm.

"We don't know if he's still stable or not."

"What are you talking about? We just called him moments ago." I said with a concerned tone.

"Don't take any risks, he will probably attack you."

"He won't," I added, flames ignited in me as I spoke.

I opened the door, gazing through it. No one in the inn, not a single person working on the counter.

This is odd, but I managed to catch sight of a tainted red cloak in the far corner. There he is! He seems to be sleeping, I guess he did calm down.

"He's fine, " I turned towards the back of my shoulder, Siune holding the wooden bearings of the door peeking in.

"Oh? Ah, well I guess it's fine then."

I approached the table where he was, lying his head on the table, soundly. Nothing is heard except for my footsteps, this place isn't doing well. Not a single active customer. I also realized Siune isn't coming in.

"Uh? Girl, are you okay?" I looked behind me again.

She's still at the front of the door, "I'll be waiting here until Kirito comes back with his friend. You go on ahead first."

I'm somehow disappointed, but she never was the courageous type, to begin with. "Alright, I'll see if I can wake him up."

I stood at the other end of the table, looking at him with his arms spread across the wood round top, his face melted into it. I took this chance to take a good look at him, and so far, I don't see him showing any kind of stress in his sleep...

.

-=[]=-

.