°•¤●Unbearable Secrets●¤•°

[Chapter 31 {I}]

==========================

[ °●8th of January, 2026●°]

==========================

"THUMP-"

"CRACK-" I slammed the door of the wooden cottage with the force of a hundred men.

"ASUNA! KIRITO!"

"BlEEerghh! Shi- daMN!" The swordsman turned to me frustrated, "AKASHI TORIYU, IT'S 9 A.M! DON'T JUST COME BARGING IN HERE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!" Kirito scolded, absolutely enraged at my sudden arrival and lack of manners. So once again, more morning drinks spewed out from his mouth. The chain of ruined breakfasts continues everlastingly.

"NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, THEY'RE ALMOST HERE!"

A fork blasted through the kitchen door with a thundering sound, resulting in my instincts taking their course as I dodged.

"WOAH-HEY!"

The fork went right past the skin of my teeth, missing my head by only a few.

I held on to the wooden bearings and backed away from the door going outside, fear struck me as I almost lost an eye. It trembles me.

"You should've at least mentioned you were coming, Akato~" Sticking her forehead and eyes out of the kitchen door, Asuna gave me a devil's glare.

Uh-oh, it's the berserk WIFE!

Oh right, how unfortunate that I need to talk to her.

"Asuna, for all that is pure and holy, hear me out. I'm sorry for the intrusion, but I need you to cook for me a whole party's worth of food as fast as you can."

"Hm?"

With her anger dying down upon hearing my words, a group of fairies landed shortly at the front of this snow-ridden lakeside cottage.

The first to come in was the orange-haired tank, his armour unequipped for easier comfort.

Wait, is that a... it's stuck on his head?!

"Mind telling me why there was a fork shooting out of this door?" Jun looked at me annoyed, pointing at the deep, deep hole on the centre of his forehead.

"T-That's my fault... ehehe... sorry..."

"Mmh..." Taking it out, he spared me for now. The scar healed almost instantly, given that we were in the safe zone.

Those who came after him were Talken, Nori, Siune and Tecchi.

"Pardon us~"

"Ah, you all must be the Sleeping Knights! Welcome!" Asuna's hospitality greeted the guild, a cheery smile carved on her face.

Wow, talk about a two-faced personality. Way to go with hiding your attitude, Asuna.

You just won an Oscar.

Kirito seemed to have changed his tone too, inviting them all inside to take a seat. Yui was sitting on top of his head, sleeping. I see, I just noticed she was there. What's up with these pixies and their sleeping habits? Scorchy has been sound asleep for an hour now too.