13:Shayne POV

Shayne POV:

The rest of the day I felt kinda weird. I almost kissed Courtney. I don't know what came over me, did I like Courtney? I couldn't like Courtney, but I would be lying if I said I didn't think she was attractive or if I said I didn't flirt with her. Oh god. I liked Courtney.

We were all now walking to our cars and stopped to say goodbye in the parking lot. "Bye I'll see you tomorrow." Keith and Noah said leaving. Oliva soon following. Me Courtney and Damien stood in the parking lot. I didn't say anything in awhile and I think they were starting to notice.

"Shayne are you okay? You've been kinda quiet." Damien said "yeah I'm fine. Just tired I guess." I said lamely. "You should get some more rest, we can't have you burning out towards the end of the day." Courtney said laughing. "Yeah will do." I said smiling slightly. "Alright well I see you guys tomorrow. Bye" Courtney said waving and jogging off to her car.

I sighed once she left. "Woah did something happen? You're actually acting weird and I'm getting worried." Damien butted in again. "I told you I'm just tired. It's nothing." I said unconvincingly. "Shayne I've known you forever, I can tell when you're tired. Something has your brain messed up. What's going on buddy."

"Can you come over later? I'll tell you then." I asked walking with him to our cars since we parked next to each other. "Sure I'll be over at 7." He said before waving and getting in his car.

Time skip to 7

I was watching black mirror when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it up and let Damien in. "Hey" is all he said before making himself comfortable. "So what's going on with you?" He asked turning to me.

I sighed. "So when we were at work earlier Courtney got this phone call from her brother and when she didn't come back for awhile Olivia said we should check on her so I went and did that. And I don't know what happened but it felt like we had a moment. I almost maybe...kissed her"

"YOU WHAT?!" He said getting up quickly. I jumped at his sudden actions. "You heard me don't make me say it again please."

"What does this mean do you like her?! Does she like you?!" Damien asked quickly. "Damien I need calm Damien right now so take a deep breath please." He did and sat down.

"Seriously though do you like Courtney?" He asked calmly. "Yes but I don't think she feels the same. And I don't think she knows I was gonna kiss her because we didn't like lean in or anything but I was thinking about it. I don't know what going on!" I sighed again putting a pillow over my face.

"Okay okay let's think rationally. She didn't seem put off or weird when she was around you. That probably means she didn't think anything of it. That doesn't mean she doesn't like you though, I've seen the way she looks at you and it's different than how she looks at anyone else." Damien said thinking out loud.

"I just don't want to ruin our friendship ya know? I like her but it's not worth loosing her forever." I said "hey she's not irrational. Even if she didn't like you for some reason, she would never let go of your friendship."

"You're right. I'm just scared I'm going to act weird around her and that's gonna push her away."

"You'll be fine. And if you're so scared maybe you should talk to her? Let her know what's going on?" Damien said softly giving me a side hug. "That's. A. Horrible. Idea." Is all I said laughing.

"Well maybe don't tell her you like her... you'll be fine Shayne don't over think it." Damien said laughing too. "Thanks for helping me out." I said "no problem."