Chapter 4

Carl's POV

I switched the safety off my gun off and pointed the barrel of it at the person who I've come to despise.

Elijah.

I hate him with a burning passion. He's the reason I can't get the girl. But maybe with him finally out of the picture she'll see that it's me she wants.

"Carl! What are you doing!? Put the gun down?!"

I couldn't even comprehend Tori's words because I was so blinded by rage.

5 years.

5 years I've waited for Tori, but I never got her. Well atleast not fully. I know she only dated me so she could get me to stop asking. All because of him.

"Tori. Don't be ridiculous. He was pointing a gun at you. Plus he's a murderer. Now move, and let me do the honours of ending him."

My hand was already on the trigger, ready to pull it as soon as Tori got out of the way.

"Carl. I said no! Can't you just accept that? He's apart of my life, and if you take that away from me, I will never forgive you."I could now see tears welling up in her eyes.

I was never fond of seeing her in this state, but this time, I really don't care.

"I'll take my chances. I'm sure you'll forgive me eventually."

Don't hold back Carl. Shoot her if you must. You made a promise.

"Wow. Glad to see your true colors Carl. Have a nice life without me."then she turned her back to me and tried once again pressurizing his wound.

"You know what, I don't ca-"

"Uhm. Could you hold that statement for awhile? I'm kind of bleeding out here."

I was cut off by the mother f*cker himself. Elijah.

Look at him. Making jokes at this time.

"Don't f*cking talk to me."I tried to spit, but as predicted, Tori intervened.

"Don't listen to him Elijah. He's crazy. Come on. Let's get you up stairs."she helped him up to his feet and slung his uninjured arm over her shoulder. She threw me a glare before she exited the kitchen with him by her side.

"You'll regret not listening to me Tori! You're making a big mistake!"I called out to her.

"I only regret meeting you asshole!"she shouted back in which I heard the slam of which I think is the bathroom door also.

I let out a big huff of air and kept glaring at the direction the walked off in.

Knowing that if I stayed any longer, I probably would stomp up there and shoot him in the head, I turned and headed for the door. Something on the kitchen island caught my eye. There, placed under the fruit bowl was a business card. 'Aarons' Detective Services' it read. I held the card with two fingers, a sinister smile now appearing on my face.

So as I walked through the front door and slammed it behind me, all I could think about was where I'm going to go next.

Tori's POV

The front door just slammed. That could only mean Carl left.

I kept rummaging through the cabinet over the bathroom sink until I found what I was looking for.

"So.......I see you haven't changed anything in the last 7 years."Elijah said from the closed toilet where he sat.

"Yeah. I like it this way."