2018 Part Four

Updated: 11/01/19

"Bruce gave him a sedative," Rhodey explains walking out of Tony's room, "He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day."

"You guys take care of him, and I'll bring him a Xorrian elixir when I come back," Carol says walking away.

"Where are you going?" Steve asks.

"To kill Thanos," Carol replies. Natasha, Steve, and Percy look at each other in shock, could she do that?

"Hey," Natasha says catching up to Carol, "You know, we usually work as a team here and, uh, between you and I, moral's a little fragile."

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight, too," Steve states.

"Yeah, we all want to take our shot at Thanos," Percy agrees.

"You even know where he is?" Rhodey ass skeptically.

"I know people who might," Carol replies challengingly.

"Don't bother," Nebula pipes up from the corner, "I can tell you where Thanos is."

•••

"Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me," Nebula explains once everyone has gathered in the main room, "And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask, where would we go when his plan was complete. And his answer was always the same. To the Garden."

"That's cute," Rhodey remarks, "Thanos has a retirement plan."

"So, where is he?" Steve asks walking towards the table.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it," Rocket starts explaining as the hologram demonstrates what he is saying, "Until two days ago on this planet."

"Thanos is there," Nebula explains.

"He used the stones again," Natasha says putting together all the pieces.

"Hey," Bruce counters, "We'd be going in short-handed you know."

"Look he's still got the stones so..." Rhodey trails off reminding everyone of the last time.

"So, let's get him," Captain Marvel says speaking up, "We use them to bring everyone back."

"Just like that?" Bruce asks knowing it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Yeah, just like that," Steve replies nodding.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this, I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in the room to try," Natasha explains.

"If we do this, how do we know it's going to end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asks.

"Because before, you didn't have me," Captain Marvel replies confidently as everyone looks at her.

"Hey, new girl, everybody in this room is about that superhero life, and if you don't mind my asking where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey asks.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe," Captain Marvel replies, "and unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." Percy nods, it made sense, Earth had heroes, other planets didn't.

Suddenly, Thor stands up from where he was eating and walks over to Captain Marvel. He holds out his arm and summons his ax which flies right past her head, and to everyone's surprise Captain Marvel didn't flinch.