2024 Part Two

I did this instead of studying for midterms, so I hope you enjoy!  Also, I did not proofread the last chapter so please comment if you saw any mistakes.

"Hey. You gotta celebrate. We did something good tonight," Mr. Beck exclaims as they're sitting in a bar.

"Yeah," Peter replies, "Fury was right. Tony did a lot for me I owe it to him, to everybody."

"Do you?" Mr. Beck asks.

"Yeah. I mean Mr. Stark gave me the chance to be more. he wanted me to be better than him. And Fury just wants me to live up to that," Peter explains.

"What do you want Peter?" Mr. Beck asks.

"What do you mean?" Peter asks confused.

"What do you want?" Mr. Beck asks again.

Peter laughs, "I don't know."

"What do you want?" Mr. Beck asks again, "Peter Parker. Now. I know you're thinking about it."

"I wanna go on my trip," Peter exclaims, "Right, I wanna go back on my trip with my friends. And go to the top of the Eiffel Tower with the girl who I really like and tell her how I feel...and give her a kiss."

"Oh," Mr. Beck replies.

"Shut up man," Peter says as Mr. Beck laughs.

"You're not gonna do that, are you?" Mr. Beck asks.

"No, I can't," Peter replies.

"Why not?" Mr. Beck pushes.

"Because I have too much of a responsibility," Peter answers, a lady walks up and hands Peter the EDITH glasses, "Oh my God. Thank you so much."

"What are those?" Mr. Beck asks curiously, "Are those the..."

"EDITH glasses, yeah," Peter replies.

"They were just on the floor? Try them on. Let's see how they look on you," Mr. Beck suggests. Peter puts them on and turns to look at his fellow hero.

"I actually really like them," Peter says.

"Can I be completely honest with you?" Mr. Beck asks.

"Please," Peter replies.

"They look really stupid," Mr. Beck states offending Peter, "But maybe they have a contact-lens version."

"You try them on," Peter suggests.

"No, come on," Mr. Beck protests.

"Try them on," Peter pushes.

"I don't wanna try them on."

"Just put them on."

Mr. Beck slowly takes the glasses and puts them on, "What'd you think kid?" he asks. Suddenly, Peter feels a sense of rightness.

"Next Tony Stark, I trust you," Peter mutters, of course, "For the next Tony Stark, I trust you."

"What?" Mr. Beck asks.

"Stark left me a message with those glasses: For the next Tony Stark, I trust you," Peter explains.

"I'm still not following. How many lemonades have you had?" Mr. Beck jokes.

"He knew every mistake I ever made. Okay so he must have known I wasn't ready for something like this," Peter says.

"Why would he give it to you?" Mr. Beck asks not following.

"Maybe he didn't trust me to have EDITH, he just trusted me to pick who should," Peter says, "It makes so much more sense. He always knew I'd do what's right. And he's not gonna give them to Fury because Fury would give himself EDITH."