"Dude, if you don't get your head out of that book mom is going to.."

**Edited**

"Dude, if you don't get your head out of that book mom is going to have a heart attack and lose it, hurry up. You should have left already." Chad yelled at me through my closed door as he walked away, probably going to his room to grab the last couple of things before heading out. 

"Chad I hate to break it to you but school is only Three hours away so it's not that big of a deal. Besides there is only 47 pages left in my book, can't everyone wait a little longer?" Despite what I just said I got up, carefully put my book mark in my book. Which really was just a paint swatch from a renovation store. I fixed my pony tail for the 70th time today and gathered my bags. 

Walking down stairs I found mom pacing in the living room. Her hair in a pony tail just like mine. She was wearing my school colors, gold and navy blue, and was wearing her classic black Nike running shoes. My dad was sitting on the couch looking down at his phone wearing his khaki shorts and a old band t-shirt. My sister Jen was playing on her video game that was hooked up to the TV, she is you classic gamer she can kick anyone's butt on any game. I can't wait for the day she releases a video game. She will be the best video game developer out there, she was wearing a her classic black tights and a plain grey cropped tank top. My sister Lainy.... Well she is probably locked in her room reading like I wish I was doing, we bond most over books. The only difference was she likes murder mystery and I love a good romance.

"Oh thank god, we have been waiting forever. Are those you last bags? We need to load them up and get going." Mom stops pacing to notice me at the bottom of the stairs. She smiles at me with that same smile that was so reassuring as a child, I don't know what I am going to do without seeing her every day. 

"Honey I don't think it's been forever. You know how Lace is, put a book in front of her and we won't see her for hours. Why do you think I told everyone to leave half an hour after I had planned to." Dad stand up walks kisses mom on the cheek and goes to grab the car keys. "Ready to go Lace?" He grabs my bags and heads out to the garage through the door connected through the house, without even waiting for an answer knowing although I am nervous I have been waiting to do this for years.

"Of course I am ready, but how is everything going to fit in the car? We bought a lot of stuff." Just thinking about how I am going to fit all my books in a tiny dorm room made me cringe. To be fair I only brought my favorites, but I still think that's more than your average person. "Chad is driving your car there so you can read you book, we are going to take two cars because I am sure otherwise it would take two trips, maybe if you cut down the amount of books you want to bring..." She smirks at me knowing my stash of books will never dwindle down. I remember when Chad suggested I put all my books on my E-Reader and we had a full thirty minute conversation about why I have books on my E-reader and some paperback. He still to this day doesn't understand why I can't just put them all on my E-reader.

"That's like asking Jen to get rid of most of her video games. Not in a million years. I-" Before I could finish I was cut off by the devil herself.

"Don't bring me into this. At least all my games fit on hard drives" She smirks at me, it's an on going joke in the family. Jen not only has a gaming system hooked up to the TV, but she has a gaming PC with a whole set up that she streams off of sometimes. She has gained quite the following on it too. Thing is though, she has a couple of hard drives and her gaming set up takes up about the same space as my bookshelf.

All of us laugh as Lainy comes down the stairs shaking her head with a smile on her face, she must have heard the conversation we just had, and heads out the garage. Mom yells up the stairs at Chad to hurry up and come down stairs so we can leave, if there is one thing my house never is, it's quiet. My family doesn't know the definition of that word. 

I put my book on the counter for a minute to say goodbye to our family dogs. Blaze is a great Pyrenees bull dog mix an is just the cutest, he has little legs and a long body and he is definitely the protector of the house. Jersey is out great Pyrenees lab mix, she is gorgeous with white fluffy fur, she is definitely a daddy's girl. we rescued her at 6 months from being put down, she had a pretty rough start to life, but all the treats are well on their way to making up for it. I get down on my knees and shower them both in kisses. Knowing it will be a little while before I see them again. After lots of kisses and a couple treats I grab my book and head out the door to the garage to see the cars loaded and everyone talking.

I walk over to my dad and hug him "You ready to go kiddo?" he asks while hugging me back.

 "I'm as ready as I will ever be I hope. It just sucks I have to spend my first year in a dorm and not in a apartment with roommates like I wanted to, but I will just have to get used to it I guess." I shrug my shoulders and let go getting into the back of the car.

 "You've always been good at adapting Lacey, anything that has ever been thrown at you, you have taken in stride. I have complete faith that you care going to do this" Dad smiles at me and closes my door. 

Lainy gets in on the other side of the car, smiles at me curl's up in her seat and opens her book. Lainy has always been a person of few words, she has always sat back and watch rather than jumping in. I do the same waiting for mom and dad to get in the car. It looks like they are whispering, but I learned a long time ago not to worry about anything like that they will tell us when they are ready. Form here I can see Chad and Jen arguing, I am assuming over a radio station or something, but the car is on and ready to go whenever they are given the cue. Mom and dad get into the car and start it up. I open my book put the paint swatch under my leg and start reading trying not to think about how in about an our my life is going to change.

Collage here we come.