11 "That sparkle in your eye."

A scream was the first sound I heard when I pulled up into the driveway of my family home. As soon as I turned off my car the drivers door was ripped open and Lainey pulled me into a massive hug, crushing me but it didn't matter because I hugged her back with the same strength not realizing how much I missed my baby sister. 

"I missed you so much, I didn't realize how much I would when you left. Have you read any new books lately?"

"Oh I see how it is, you only love me for my books." I get my purse from the car and close it and lock it up, shoving Lainey in the shoulder gently and rolled my eyes at her.

"Don't you know it. We have all missed you so much, mom is making the beef, potatoes, gravy with veggies thing you love so much."

"Oh yum, I can't wait." I looked up at the house and took it all in, from the grey two car garage to the red bricks all around the two storey house. The clear Christmas lights still hanging because my dad refused to take them off one year. Everyone on our street calls them "decoration" lights now we just replace the bulbs yearly now, they have been up for so long it would be weird to not see them there. I looked at the front door to see only the screen door closed and two white wiggling bums, one really short, one very tall. Blaze and Jersey were waiting very impatiently, from here I could hear him barking at me in a lower town than usual to make the call he uses when he wants attention. I could also hear mom yelling at them to back up, that I would be inside soon but she was completely ignored as the barking only got louder.

"Forget the bags, I want to see the puppers. Not to mention with all the puppy talk with Zack I want to see them even more.

"Zack? Who is Zack? I ignored her and walked to the door, the barking only getting louder. I pushed through the dogs knowing they would bolt down the street given the chance.

"Oh guys I missed you so much." I got down on to my knees and received many kisses. Blaze jumped up into my arms trying to get me to pick him up. I stood with him still in my arms and jersey hot on my heels demanding rubs behind her ears as I walked down the hallway into the kitchen.

"Oh Lace I am so happy your home. I missed you." mom came over and took Blaze out of my arms to give me a bear hug

"Hey mom how is it going?" I laughed as she held me super tight.

"So good, empty nest syndrome is hitting and I still have two babies at home." We all laughed as dad walked into the room.

"Hey peanut how was the drive home?"

"Pretty good I left around one so it only took the three hours which I am grateful for. My bum is numb as it is." I hugged my dad and said hello and just like mom he held me there for a couple of seconds.

"Wow okay, I didn't realize you had favorites. Lainey and I were here the whole time. Now get over here and give me a hug miss favorite." Jen pulled me into a hug taking me away from dad.

"So who is Zack?" Of course Lainey would bring that up now.

"Zack?" Dad raised his eyebrows at me.

"You guys met Zack remember he was one of the guys helping to move Emma in."

"And Emma is?" his eyes stayed locked with mine as he walked over to the stove to mix the beef and potatoes.

"Emma is my roommate, and while we are at it Damien is her now boyfriend and Zack's roommate."

"You know your pretty defensive fore answering what was a simple question.'