12 "Hope everything is okay. Please let me know."

My eyes flutter open the next morning, I stretch out on my bed and take a deep breath. I missed being home more than I thought, the bickering while we were playing the board game last night, seeing everyone laugh and no matter how much we poked fun at each other because we all knew it was light hearted. I laid there a little while longer just looking at my white ceiling, I can faintly hear Jen's radio playing, and the dogs messing around downstairs. I look at my phone to check the time, it reads 7:18 am so I get out of bed and stretch before throwing on a hoodie and heading to the kitchen. As soon as I reach the bottom step Blaze runs to my feet jumping at me with what looks like a smile on his face, I walk over to the couch and start to rub him down while Jersey walks over much slower and demands morning rubs as well. I remember in high school everyone would come down at a different time and every time the dogs would run over and demand attention. After making sure the dogs were well rubbed down I headed to the kitchen to make a tea, when I get there mom is already there drinking her coffee she smiles at me and looks back down to the book in her hands.

"Your dad had to go into work for a couple hours and Chad claims he has to work this morning but I think he was just lying to me so he could get out of here faster. I think he is avoiding me actually."

"Why would he avoid you?" I grabbed my mug that said 'I am not responsible for the face I make when you talk'. My back was to her as I grabbed everything that I would need to make my tea, realizing she was taking a couple minutes to answer I looked at her over my shoulder. "I don't know, I think whatever is happening at work is throwing him off. I don't know, I am kind of worried about this for some reason."

"Mom, you will always worry about him. He has very good training, he will be okay. You look very shaken up is everything okay?"

"Now you are turning into a worry wart. Yes everything is fine Lacey." Normally I wouldn't have backed off but her tone was very sharp at the end and that was so unlike her it made me worry more. I looked up at her but her head was already buried in the book, her back looked very tense from where I was standing and her hands looked like they were shaking slightly. I shook my head and walked away grabbing my tea knowing that I wasn't going to get anywhere if I kept pushing. I started to get ready for the day pulling out some leggings and a tank top when my phone rang, I slid my finger across the screen to accept the video chat.

"I swear you have a radar on for when I am going to get dressed." Zack's eyes went wide. "I'm so sorry. I had no idea, I can call you back?"

"No it's fine I will just do my hair and make up first whats up?"

"Nothing just killed it with your sister last night and now......" He drummed his fingers on the a hard surface before turning the camera around to show his note books and text book. "Ta da! I was supposed to do it last night...... I kind of got distracted though." We laughed and I started to brush and my hair and pull it into a pony tail.

"Ah.. Responsibilities the joy."

"Oh yeah, so much joy. You know what though, it was nice to let go for a while and forget about all of this. Although I got to say it was kind of a bummer when she kept correcting me saying I wasn't allowed to say some things."

"Yeah, I think what makes her so popular is she tries not to offend anyone. Some people think what she does is easy but she has to edit, not to mention avoid copy write."