| 1 |

▬▬ one; the nightmare

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

THE HARSH WIND WAS SCREAMING against her ears, and it was making her brown ponytail fly wildly above her head. The enormous walls of leaves were chasing the two boys towards the trophy that shined blue in the distance. She was frozen right behind it, unable to run, unable to scream, unable to warn them. It was torture; seeing them run into a dangerous trap. Guilt for what would happen was already starting to tear on her pale skin.

They got closer and closer, and closer until they were just inches away from gripping the trophy. They didn't even notice the rather short girl that was crying her throat dry just in front of them, they didn't hear how she begged them to run the other way, but they grabbed it and she―along with the two boys stumbled into a graveyard.

Suddenly it was quiet, everything was still. 

The dark-haired boy quickly got up on his feet expecting a loud crowd to cheer on them, but they were alone. The older boy rolled onto his stomach and began getting up. He was coughing as he tried to find balance in his sore legs. A few feet away, standing by the trees, stood his sister. Their lips started to move, but she couldn't hear what they were saying. She could hear nothing but her own heavy breathing.

Harry Potter began to move further into the graveyard, watching a specific grave in curiosity but also fear while the older boy, Cedric Diggory observed his surroundings with confusion written all over his dirty face. Lauren could slowly start to notice her vision was slowly getting more blurry. She tried to blink and shake it off but it just lead to a total fatal and her body crumbled to the ground.

When she was able to lift her very heavy head up from the cold grass she saw a short man carrying something wrapped in a black blanket like a mother holds a newborn baby. He raised his wand and Lauren's tired eyes followed the green lightning from its tip and as it attached to her brother's chest. She just watched how he flew back and landed on his back, and then he was just as frozen as herself. 

And then she screamed. She cried out her fear.

Lauren flew up into a sitting position, finding herself in her own bed. Her cheeks were wet from tears and her throat painfully dry. Outside the window, it was pitch black and raindrops dripped on the outside of the window. It was just a dream. A nightmare.

The floor was cold, sending shivers through her entire body as she began walking out in the corridor and gently knocking on a door at the end of the hall. She didn't get a response and gently pushed it open, not much just enough so she could get a glance of her brother; sleeping peacefully in his bed. He wasn't hurt, he wasn't dead.

Returning to her room she laid down under the covers, but she didn't sleep―she barely closed her eyes―for she was too afraid of what her dreams would show her.

She had made a habit of not sleeping when the nightmares became even worse. It was the same dream, but by each night passing, she could hear and see more details. It always ended with her screaming and crying, running into her brother's room just to make sure that it was only a nightmare.

Tonight was no different. The house had been quiet for hours now and she'd almost thought for a second no one was home. She heard the front door open and then slam shut, and downstairs a married couple was once again letting their tiredness get the best of them.

"This is getting pathetic, Amos!"

"I am only trying to make you understand that you need a proper job if we're gonna be able to provide for this family. I can't run this train by myself anymore."

"You'd manage your job perfectly fine if you weren't drinking all night long!"

A loud thump from downstairs snapped her out of her endless staring into the wall. She sat quietly, waiting for another sound. Lauren sank deeper into the pillows behind her neck, she closed her eyes and tried to focus on something else, anything else. But even if she covered her head with loads of pillows and the cover she could still hear her parents arguing. They wouldn't stop. Someone said something, the other responded and by each sentence, their voices grew louder and the room would grow too small for their egos and anger.

Her bedroom-door pushed open slowly and into the darkroom stepped her brother with a faint smile and a small box with cookies. He didn't say anything, neither did she, it was obvious that both of them was feeling the same. She felt the bed dip a bit as he sat down beside her.

Cedric turned to her nightstand were an old red radio stood, he turned it on and by the following hours, they listened to all kinds of music and ate cookies. 

▬▬ author's note ▬▬

I am really excited about this book and I really hope you'll enjoy it!
I really hope you are as excited as me. Please let me hear your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

[last updated: 22/11/20]
Stay tuned, thank you! <3