| 6 |

▬▬ six; the mirror of erised

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

IT WAS BEDTIME and the four Gryffindor boys prepped their beds in the chamber they shared. Harry sat at the end of his bed and locked eyes with the floor trying to find an explanation for what had happened earlier, or at least some kind of comfort, something bright in the darkroom he had stumbled into, but he found no light. Instead, he found his best friend in a bitter mood.

Ron walked up to the fireplace in the middle of the room and put his towel on the reeling, and then turned his head to Harry and frowned, "How did you do it?" When Harry responded with silence and a pair of confused eyes he sighed and returned to his bed, "Never mind. Doesn't matter. You could have let your best friend know though."

"Let you know what?" Harry frowned.

"You know bloody well what."

"I didn't ask for this to happen Ron. Okay? You're being stupid."

"Yeah, that's me, Ron Weasley. . . Harry Potter's stupid friend." Ron laid down and put the blanket over himself and leaned back into the pillow, rolling his eyes as Harry explained,

"I didn't put my name in that cup. I don't want eternal glory I just wanna be. . . Look, I don't know what happened tonight and I don't know why, it just did okay." 

"Piss off." And then he blew out the candle, just like Seamus and Neville who really didn't want to get involved. And Harry was left standing by his bed like the lost boy he was. He then walked out knowing well that he wouldn't be able to sleep before he had calmed down.

Little did he know, that Lauren thought the exact same thing. When he walked down the cold stone steps he saw the girl sitting by the lighted fireplace with a thick blanket wrapped around herself as she just watched the sparks sparkle.

"Why are you up?" He asked as he sat down in the red couch behind her.

"Same as you; got a lot on my mind," she stood up and sat down beside him and offered him a halfhearted smile. "Are you nervous about the tournament?"

"Are you joking? I'm a wreck, I don't even know how my name got there," he looked down at his hands. He squeezed them back and forth and were blinking a lot, which Lauren knew were a sign of him in stress. She sighed and grabbed one of his hands and held it gently.

"You're gonna be just fine, I promise. I'll help you, Mione will help you, and I think Ron will come around. And I'll force Cedric to have your back, as long as you have his."

Harry nodded, "thanks, Laure. What would I do without you?" They both chuckled,

"Probably been killed by the Basilisk."