| 17 |

▬▬ seventeen; the final task⋆

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT SHE HAVEN'T SLEPT AT ALL, SHE REFUSED TO SPEAK ABOUT WHO HAD COME TO VISIT HER AND KEPT HER UP ALL NIGHT. It was the third and final task today, and she did not want any attention towards her by saying that Voldemort had stopped by and talked to her. She wanted everyone to focus on the champions, helping them prepare and cheering them on. Especially her brother and Harry.

She hugged Cedric tightly and wished him good luck.

"I got this," he just chuckled. Their father had joined to be there, maybe Cedric won after all. It was an underestimate to say that he was proud over Cedric, he was over the moon for his son's courage and that he had gotten this far in the tournament.

"Yeah, you do my son!" Mr. Diggory beamed. "I am so proud of you." Lauren smiled as she saw them so close and kind to each other, but she couldn't kill the feeling of jealously inside her chest as she heard their father be so proud over Cedric, she also wanted them to be proud of her. But this was Cedric's day, his moment, and she wasn't letting anything get in the way for her to support him.

The school band started playing the same music that has been played through all the tasks, and all the students cheered loudly.

As her father walked out with Cedric before the crowd, Lauren slipped away to give Harry a hug and wished him luck before joining Hermione and Ron at the bleachers. Hermione noticed the worry in Lauren's expression and placed a comforting hand on her leg, "they'll be just fine."

Laure nodded, not trusting her voice to sound convincing enough. 

The champions stood on a grassplot between the bleachers and the enormous walls of bushes that formed a mile-long maze behind waited behind them. Professor Dumbledore attached his wand to his neck as he tried to be heard by everyone. And everyone went quiet as he started to speak.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory—" he was cut off by the many Hogwarts students that stood up to cheer in their yellow clothes. "—and Mr. Potter are tied for the first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum—" another wave of students clapping their hands interrupted. "—and Miss Delacour."

"Come on! Krum! Krum! Krum!"

"Come on, Cedric!"

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner! I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task. . . he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands." He jumped down from the tree construction he had been standing on and turned to the four students, "contestants! Gather around. Quickly!"