| 2 |

▬▬ two; the triwizard tournament

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

LAUREN WAS BAKING brownies while her mother was asleep on the couch. Apart from her snoring and the singing radio, it was very quiet. The sun outside was long gone and the wind made the treetops dance. She was softly humming with the beat of the small speaker and put the cookies in the oven, and almost at the same time as the oven door closed the front door opened. Her father's frustration could be sent even from the kitchen, but she just figured his favourite team lost.

Mrs Diggory shot up from the couch and saw her son's rather shaken expression, "what happened?" She gasped and took him in her arms. Lauren joined them and got a hug from her father before she turned to stand with her brother while he sighed and explained what had happened.

"Death eaters made an attack. I'm sure nobody got seriously hurt," Mr Diggory said and squeezed Cedric's shoulder. Lauren tensed up a bit at the thought, she also knew that her three best friends had been attending the game and she desperately prayed they were okay. 

"You alright?" Lauren asked and looked at her brother.

He nodded and started taking off his shoes. "Such a shame though, they ruined the party."

"I told you it wouldn't be fun, you should've stayed here with us," Lauren pointed out before retreating to save her bakery.

"Next time, I might just go by your instincts, sweetie," he spoke. Then, her mother went back to sleeping, her father followed the news on the radio, and the two siblings went up to do the last prepares for the school start.

It had become a lovely routine by now. First September each year she followed her brother to King's Cross Station, waved her father goodbye and took a seat next to her three best friends while her two-year-older brother would continue his way further back in the train in search for his own friends.

"So, Dad and Ced told me about the World Cup. . . Are you guys okay?" She asked as the train started moving.

"I can't believe you didn't wanna come with us. . ." Ron mumbled quietly.

"We're alright," Harry spoke, but his blank face staring out the window told her otherwise. He was just like her, always trying to ignore any kind of problems.

"No, we're not. This is horrible. How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security?" Hermione said.

"Loads, according to Dad," Ron said while stuffing his mouth with chocolate candy. "That's what worried them so much, happened right under their noses."