| 8 |

▬▬ eight; the dragon and the loss of important friends

⋆.。.:* ☆:**:.

"THEY ARE SO IMMATURE. They communicate by sending me like an owl between them. Their behaviour is driving me insane!" Hermione Granger had groaned out her frustration while the two girls walked towards the champion's tent. Loud cheering and chanting traveled with the air from the arena, adding pain to Lauren's headache of worry. Her nerves were tense and she wasn't even competing.

"They'll figure it out," sighed Lauren who was freezing and whished dearly she had taken a warmer jacket. "I bet Ron will realize Harry could die any second in this tournament and then they'll become best of friends again."

Hermione let out a dry chuckle, but it sounded more like a cough. When they got closer they saw that two men stood by the entrance like guards, because they probably were. The two girls sneaked to the back and pressed close to the back opening. "Psst. Harry, is that you?"

From the inside said the familiar voice, "yeah," quietly.

Lauren listened carefully and had to focus hard to even hear him over the loud noise around them. "How are you feeling?" She asked, and then Hermione put in,

"The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to—"

"Battle a dragon," he mumbled.

Lauren had never felt such relief as when her brother grabbed the golden egg and the dragon breathed heavily in its enchanted sleep. She stood up and cheered loudly with everyone else as her brother left the arena with a dirty and bloody face, but a wide smile on his lips. It was now a short pause, and people were making small talk but Lauren's eyes drew her attention to the blonde boy sneaking away.

He left his seating and climbed down the stairs in a hurry, and she could've sworn he seemed to be upset. She looked at Hermione and thought. She wanted to follow Draco and see what happened, but she needed to stay and support Harry.

"What?" Hermione frowned as her friend had been staring at her awkwardly long without a single word.

Lauren shook her head and then looked at the stairs, "I need to go check something."

"But it's almost Harry's turn, you might miss it." Lauren already felt bad for leaving, but Harry had all these people around him, but Malfoy was running away alone—Harry would forgive her, she thought and then followed Draco's tracks back to the castle.

It felt like a stone landed in her stomach because of her guilt for leaving, for choosing Draco over Harry but it wasn't about that. She just wished he'd understand that. She was surprised that she could hear the crowd cheering even from here, by the entrance of the castle. And she didn't take many more steps before she heard the roar of a dragon and saw the fire. Harry was fighting a dragon, and she was looking for Draco Malfoy.