Waffles?

WARNINGS

There are none?

SHIP: Baberoe

-----

Down in Louisiana, wind was whistling and the rain was pounding. The rare bolt of visible lightning would strike and the thunder rumbling after rattled the Edward Heffron and Eugene Roe household.

It was about 8:30 AM and Babe was over it. He was sitting downstairs in their sun room with his stomach rumbling quietly as he watched the clouds. Babe is from Philly. Tornadoes are rare in Philadelphia and while he was living there he never experienced a storm strong enough to produce a funnel cloud.

Remaining quiet, he continued to watch the low clouds to make sure none of them started to intertwine. On the outside Babe looked decently calm other than the soft tapping of his foot and his hands in a constant fidget.

With the news broadcasting on his small radio and his gaze focused on the clouds, he didn't notice the faint padding of his boyfriends feet on the tiles. "Babe?" Eugene spoke in a comatose manner. Babe jerked his head around and stopped fidgeting. He cleared his throat and waved awkwardly.

"Everything okay?" Eugene placed a delicate kiss on the top of Babe's head and looked outside. "The weather people said the storms gonna get worse and to watch for tornadoes." Babe spoke softly.

"That so?"

"Yeah."

Eugene's eyes parted from the dark sky and looked at Babe. "I'm hungry, are you?" Babe nodded in reply. "Waffles." Gene stated. "What?" Babe cocked an eyebrow and faced his bed headed boyfriend. "Let's make waffles."

Eugene stood Babe up and led him to the kitchen with their little radio in his other hand. "Grab the waffle iron." Eugene finally managed to have less of a slumbersome voice and more of his usual heavy Cajun accent that we all love.

Babe grabbed the waffle iron as Gene took out all the ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla extract. Eugene took out a bowl and a whisk then got to work.

"First things first, we need the flour." As Eugene was getting out the measuring cups, Babe took the initiative to pour whatever amount he thought 2 cups were. However, it backfired gracefully as all the flour just ploofed right back into his face. The flop brought a soft smile to Eugene's face followed by a faint chuckle.

He wiped the flour from Babe's face. "Measuring cups, Babe." Babe's cheeks went a bit rosy from embarrassment. "Oh.." he said in a stiff tone.

This wasn't Eugenes first rodeo when it came to making waffles so he was able to work around the amount Babe unexpectedly poured in. Next was the sugar. Gene handed his boyfriend a tablespoon and told him, "Scoop the sugar and pour it in.." he took another look at the bowl of flour, "3 times."

Babe did so carefully so he wouldn't mess it up again. Eugene handed him a whisk. Babe started to mix it and he didn't seem to know what he was actually doing. Eugene softly put his hand over Babe's and helped him mix while resting his own arm loosely around his waist and cheek smooshed on his shoulder.

...There was a touchdown just across Atchafalaya River... Babe's froze for a moment. He broke from Eugene's partial snuggle and darted back to the sun room. He looked out the windows and at the clouds. "Gene, maybe we should take cover." Once again Babe was terrified.

Eugene took it upon himself to change the radio station to some music. "It's okay, Babe." He reassured calmly. "But tornadoes are really common in Louisiana and there was a touch down real close and-" "It's okay." Eugene repeated slowly. "If you hear a train, we go to the basement." Babe nodded in a silent response.

Eugene took his hand and lead him back to the kitchen. They continued to make the waffle batter; baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, melted butter, vanilla extract.

"What now?" Babe asked while rubbing his palms. "Well, now we use the iron to bake the waffles."

"Bake or cook?" Babe said

"Is that important?"

"Yes."

"Bake."

~~~~~

Stacked on a plate in front of babe were already plenty of waffles but after Babe's impulsive flour dump, they had more waffle mix than they needed.

"What now?" Babe asked Gene while staring at the thick mixture. Gene answered "I say we make more and use them for ice cream sundaes later." Babe nodded happily in agreement.

Gene took his boyfriend by the wrist then brought him to his side and in front of the waffle iron. "Wanna try?" He asked. "I'll mess it up." Babe responded. "Just try." "But-" "Edward."

He cringed slightly at the use of his full name and came to the conclusion that there was no changing Eugene's mind. That was usually the case.

Babe took the ladle and scooped the mix with it. He carefully poured it into the centre of the waffle iron. "Like this?" He asked. Gene nodded, "Tu es trop mignon." Babe had no idea as to what his boyfriend said, but he took it upon himself not to ask.

Babe closed the lid of the waffle iron and watched it intensely. Gene cocked his eyebrow with his gaze on his dork of a boyfriend. As they waited for the red light on the waffle maker turn green(indicating the waffles ready), Eugene wrapped his arms around Babe's torso to feel warm. One of the many things he loved about Edward Heffron was the constant warmth just radiating off him.

The light blinked green and Babe became frantic. "What do I do?!" He whimpered. "Open the top, use the spatula to take it off and set it on the plate." Babe nodded and did as he was instructed.

Gene's lips curved into a small warm smile.

"What's the smile for, Gene?"

"Storms over."

~~~~~

I'm sorry it's kinda short and kinda shitty.

Yeah.