Record Player

WARNINGS
Hurt/comfort?

Fluff a little at the end!

~~~~~

The moon was full and the night was quiet. All that could be heard were faint crickets from outside. And on this calm night, Joe for some reason, remained wide awake. Nothing seemed to be calming him down. He tossed and turned as quiet as he could be. The last thing he wanted to do was wake up George.

He inhaled uneasily feeling incredibly nauseous.  His legs felt almost numb yet they had the sensation of thousands of needles pricking at them.

Joe knew what was happening. He is experiencing a silent panic attack.

It's not the first time Joe's dealt with such a thing. For him they're common. He knew plenty of methods to supposedly calm down his body yet none of them ever worked at night. His body seemed too exhausted to just calm down.

Joe rolled over, facing away from George and he rubbed his face. Being desperate to relax, he gave the methods another chance.

Step one; Recognize your having a panic attack.

He huffed in unamused at his own brain. I know I'm having a panic attack.

Step two; Breathe.

Joe Inhaled deeply and exhaled as quiet as possible. He remained steady breathing for a minute. It's not working.

He moved the blankets and pressed his bear feet to the carpet, getting himself to stand.

Walking quietly, Joe made his way out of his bedroom and into the kitchen for a glass of water in hope to ease his racing heart in the slightest he possibly can.

Joe needed to sit for a minute. He slid out a chair inaudibly and sat himself down lazily.

Inhale

Exhale.

Joe needed to sit. To focus on his breathing and to settle his mind. Easier said than done of course. He placed his arms to rest on the cold table and set his head atop them both, closing his eyes and just breathing.

If Joe wasn't trying to focus so hard, he probably would have heard the sound of George trotting tiredly into the kitchen. Well actually, no, he wouldn't. George sleeps with socks on.

George leaned on Joe, cheek squished on his head and arms around his  and gave him a little snuggle. As tired as George may be, he's always warm. Joe loves his warm hugs and cuddles. It was like a heated blanket. If the heated blanket had big chocolate eyes, messy hair and snuggles for days.

Joe could finally be at ease. His shoulders could relax. When George comes around, there's a little less weight for Joe to carry on his shoulders.

The sleepy little man let out a tired happy hum and spoke with groggy slumber tone, "You feelin' okay, Joey?"

Joe exhaled. Breathe. "Just had a bit of a panic attack. I'm feelin' better now, though." George hummed tiredly in response and made his way to their record player.

Joe rubbed his face from exhaustion. He feels bad for waking up George in the middle of the night. At least one of them needs to fully function the next day, right?

George took out a record that both he and Joe shared a great liking to. Carefully, he set it into place and set the needle atop.

Sleepwalk By Santo and Johnny played softly and George took his husbands hands, pulling him to his feet.

Joe cocked a brow and looked at George. "What're we doing?" He question. George smiled tiredly and responded. "Dancing you idiot." He lay his head on Joe's chest. His hands softly set on Joe's shoulders and hummed along to the tune.

Joe placed loose arms just above George's waist and finally, he could relax. Because just for this small moment, they only exist. No worries in the world. All that matters to both of them is here and now. This small moment, meant the world.