Stargaze

WARNINGS:

Nothing really?

SHIP: Baberoe

SET IN MODERN AU

~~~~~

The sun was shining down in Bayou Chene, Louisiana through the blinds of Eugene and Babe's bedroom window. It was so bright you could see the dust particles floating through the air without any disruption.

Gene stretched his arms over his head and yawned then turned to his side to take a gander at his sleeping boyfriend only to find, he's not actually there. "Edward?" He spoke tiredly almost as if he didn't get much sleep, though he did.

Achoo!

Gene cocked a brow and sat up tiredly while using his hand to block the sun directly in his eyes. He rose to his feet careful not to wake his kitty at the foot of his bed. He made his way into the hallway and to the washroom almost silently if it weren't for his bear feat padding softly on the hardwood floor. He knocked on the bathroom door and opened it slowly. "Edward?" his accent was finally peaking through the drowsy morning voice.

Babe was washing his hands and sniffling constantly. "Gene, I think I'm allergic to your cat." He murmured. Gene shook his head no. "We've been together for 3 years now, they wouldn't act up now. Maybe it's the new pillow case?" Gene replied. He loved his kitty and surely didn't wanna have to get rid of her.

Magnolia has been Gene's kitty long before him and Babe even knew each other. Almost 16 years. She's a Ragdoll with soft blue eyes, she loves to cuddle only Gene and she doesn't ask for attention, she simply just sat quietly and observed life around her.

"Maybe." Babe spoke softly. He knew how much Magnolia truly meant to his boyfriend and never wants to hurt him in any way, shape or form.

Eugene cupped Babe's face gently and checked his neck and cheeks for any hives. He spotted them quickly. "Don't scratch. It'll make the hives worse."

"But they're itchy, Gene.." Babe whined.

"Edward."

"Alright, alright." Babe murmured. Eugene spoke, finally back to his everyday Cajun prince accent. "Go lay down, I got somethin' that'll settle the hives."

Babe willingly obliged and made his way back to their bedroom as Gene made his separate way down the stairwell.

Babe lay down and took the pillow case off his pillow and Gene's. He looked at Magnolia and sighed as Gene returned with a cloth. "Why do you use that stuff for everything?" "Because it works, Edward. Coconut oil is all natural and helps." Eugene replied as he dabbed the cloth gently on the red itchy areas.

Babe knew it was the cat. He'd always get minor sniffles when it was around him for too long but he never had the heart to break it to Gene. Though, the allergies have never been this bad before.

"Gene?" he mumbled loud enough to be heard. "Hm?"the other man replied.

"I'm allergic to cats. Always have been. Just never this bad, I'm real sorry Gene. I shoulda told ya. I'm sorry."

Eugene stared at him for a moment and Babe couldn't seem to grasp what was going through his mind. That was usually the case but this time he was a little more worried about the reaction.

The dark haired man had nothing to say. He sat down and looked at his hands while the rest of his body language changed to match his mood. His shoulders became slumped and a small frown took upon his lips, eyes looking to be glossy.