One Message

WARNINGS:

Not necessarily angst. Just feeling lonely.

Very mild cursing

SHIP: Luztoye

There's not much dialogue.

SET IN A MODERN AU

~~~~~

Everyone knows Joe Toye and everyone loves the absolute hothead. His short temper at times can be quite amusing.

Joe wasn't too great at showing feelings other than the basics. Anger and joy. When the man was upset, a person may be able to tell by his eyes, but he would never admit it.

~~~~~

Joe was by himself sitting in his apartment. The TV was lighting up most of the room besides the small light from the hallway leading to his bedroom.

George, his very happy-go-lucky dork of a boyfriend, has been away for some time dealing with a few family matters and he was unable to go despite every part of him wanting to.

Joe hates being alone. Hates it. Because when he's alone, he feels lonely.

...Amanda, my office. Now.... the TV's volume was low but it was enough to break Joe from his thoughts and watch, hopefully posing as some sort of distraction.

Soon enough the commercials started rolling in, and he drowned in his own thoughts.

Just call him, Joe.

No, you're gonna sound needy.

George won't think so.

Yes. He will.

It was almost as if there was a devil and an angel on his shoulders just bickering nonstop.

Yes.

No.

Yes!

No!

Y-

He snapped. Joe smashed his fist on the small coffee table beside him.

His cup of water spilled over and the lamp toppled right off.  "Fuck.." he murmured and rose to his feet then made his way to the kitchen.

He missed George. He missed his constant smile, his sweet impressions and his person just there. His warm, kind and gentle person that always eased Joe even at his most difficult moments.

Yes, George wasn't away forever. In fact, he wasn't even gone for that long. The sun in Joe's life until then though, was a little duller.

He took a few paper towels off the rack and returned to his spilled water.

~~~~~

1:30 AM 

Joe was tossing and turning on his side of the king sized bed. He hated not having such a warm person to hold and just be there with him. With each other.

He's about had it with the silence. All it did was drown him in his own thoughts.

If George cared, he'd have called and said goodnight.

If you text him, you're gonna wake him up and he'll be annoyed with you.

Don't be annoying.

Just leave him alone.

Joe was tired and miserable. All he wanted by now was to fall asleep but that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon.

*Buzz*

He looked at his phone charging on his night stand. It was George.

~~Conversation~~

George: Hey, sorry I didn't call, I meant to. Goodnight <3

Joe: It's okay

George: Why the fuck are you still awake? It's bed o'clock, you best be aslep

Joe: I'll try, I just miss you.

George: I miss you too but I'll be back sooner than you think

Joe: I know

George: Goodnight :3

~~~~~

Joe took a deep breath then responded once more with a simple night and set his phone beside him.

*Buzz*

Joe turned on his side and read the new text.

"I love you <3"

His heart skipped a beat then relaxed as did the rest of his person. Those words were enough to make him melt. He texted back "I love you too", dropped his phone beside him and was finally at ease.

Soon enough, he drifted off into a soft slumber but enough to get him through tonight.

~~~~~

This is so super short and so super shit but here