Chapter 3

Chapter Three - Fated

We are currently landing in New York, America at the JFK airport to go and visit the Romanovs since Uncle Rico and Aunt Isla were free to handle the pack until we are gone. I poke Evelyn's nose repeatedly, chuckling under my breath when it scrunches as she tries to push me away. Her eyes snap open to reveal baby blues, a pout forming on her lips as she glares at me. She looks about as harmless as a kitten.

"We're here." I point towards the window, which she had taken from me the second we found our seats.

She gasps before getting up and pressing her nose against the glass, her eyes taking in every detail as the plane touches down on the runway and slows to a stop. Standing, I grab our things and take her hand, guiding her out of the plane.

My mom takes her from me as we make our way out of arrivals, claiming our bags and exiting the airport. A sleek, silver car waits for us with a driver holding a sign that has our surname written on it. Piling our luggage into the boot, we get in and begin the journey to The Renascence Pack.

Nathan and I immediately doze off since the two demons we call siblings were full of energy on the plane. They only took a nap when we were an hour away from landing as well and I kind of regret telling my mom that I'll handle Evie while she rests.

Closing my eyes, I doze off with Nathan's head on my left shoulder and Isaac clutching my right hand.

***

I'm woken up by my mother shaking me, telling me that we're here. Rubbing my eyes, I look around to see the familiar pack lands. The mansion that the Romanov family calls home is just how I remember it, grand and luxurious.

The second I step out of the car, I see him. Ivan Romanov stands proudly beside his parents and siblings, waiting to greet us. He looks like a vision, strong and powerful like a true leader. His hair is as dark as night, ruffled slightly from the wind and his green eyes are like two bright gemstones. Over the years, he has certainly grown out of his lanky figure that I remember from when I last saw him. Now, he's pure muscle and tall with sharp features that seem to be chiseled to perfection.

But that's not all I see.

His green eyes darken to black the moment he lays eyes on me, form shaking as he struggles to control himself. I stumble back in fright, wondering if he's angry at me. But he has no reason to be. I see his lips move and his parents look from me to their son in shock. Even my Dad and Nathan are staring at us wide eyed.

I yelp when he starts marching towards me, my mother instantly pulling me behind her. Nathan stands behind my dad who grips Ivan's neck and throws him a few feet away from us. A protective growl escapes him as he orders mom to take me inside. Wincing when the ground shakes from Ivan's thunderous roar, I look up to my mother who is staring at dad with worry.

"Mom." I call shakily, cuddling up to her when she wraps her arms around me tightly. "What's happening?"

"I don't know, baby. We need to get you inside and away from Ivan, come on." She murmurs, pulling me to where aunt Aurora stands.

I take her outstretched hand, watching as she looks worriedly at Ivan before focusing on me. She gives me a warm smile and whispers that everything will be alright before pulling me up the steps. Misha and Valentina take Evie and Isaac inside quickly. By now, uncle Vulcan has joined in and is shouting at Ivan to calm down. I hear Ivan roar my name behind us making me want to turn around but my mom pushes me from behind to keep me going.