Chapter 2

"Can I still be a hero?" – Talking

'Can I still be a hero?' - Thoughts

"Can I still be a hero?" – All Might's Muscle Form Talking

'One for All' – Quirk Name

"Can I still be a hero?" – News/TV

UA RECOMMENDATION TEST/THIRD POV

"Hmph, Izuku Hitsugaya quirk Eagle Vision gives the user a sixth sense of sorts, high grades, lives with his father while he is in town due to his job requiring large amounts of time overseas. Pretty average kid even looks average-" A tired and scratchy voice is cut off my that of one soaked in lust.

"And if by average you mean a major hunk!"

"Thanks for that Midnight." The tired voice shot back. "All I am wondering is how this guy got recommended, let alone recommended by a Top 5 hero like Edgeshot?"

"It matters little on how anyone got recommended, what is important is how they preform in the exam Aizawa. After all that is why they and in turn we are here." A high pitched voice flew around the room originating from a dog/bear/mouse.

"I know that Nedzu but I was simply curious."

"Well you should be careful than Aizawa, as they say curiosity killed the cat, but enough rambling I believe that with the academic part of the test over I believe it is time to begin the practical."

TRAINING GROUNDS/ IZUKU POV

Right now I'm, dressed in my usual casual wear, a white hoodie with a hood of the Brotherhood, white tracksuit pants and my favourite red sneakers. I keep my gaze fixated on the large course in front of me and thank my lucky stars that the Pro Hero Edgeshot was a fellow Assassin otherwise I would have to take the normal Entrance Exam, and that meant a lot of people seeing my capabilities and that is not what I nor what the Brotherhood want. Suddenly the speaker boomed to life with the livid voice of Present Mic.

"Alright Listeners, now that the academic test is over time to begin the practical exam. It is simple the first four to cross the finish line wins. The course is made of four major parts: the first is the wall. A 20 meter stone wall sits in the middle of the track, you have to options over or through it. Next is the gap. A 10 meter long trench stands in front of you figure out how to get past. Third is the lake. Pretty self-explanatory and finally the home stretch. The rules, 1. You must stay on the course the hole time, no cutting corners 2. You may use your quirks on your fellow examinees as well as any preapproved weapons or objects and finally no lethal force is allowed to be used on your fellow examinees. Now on your marks, get set." A bang goes off, I start running at my top speed which if you were to record would be faster than the current World Record for the 100m unassisted by a quirk, in fact I made it to the Wall before anyone else had realised we started. I started climbing using my free running skills when I feel the chill of an icy breeze and turn around seeing three other examinees, one on a moped, another riding a tornado and the last one creating a track of ice to propel him. By the time I made it to the trench tornado and icy had caught up to me, luckily for me using my grappling hook I shoot myself across the ravine and shoot my self over it. By now the path had turned to ice including the lake as Icy dashed off luckily the momentum I earned from the grappling hook meant added acceleration on the ice as I slid towards the home stretch where Icy and Tornado were currently neck and neck when I threw a smokebomb at them distracting them while I fired off another grappling hook using the ice to speed my self up to the boys where I met them with a double clothesline as I sped across the line coming in first, next was moped girl and icy at the same time with tornado taking just a second more to recover. I went over to congratulate moped girl where she informed me of her name, Momo Yaoyorozu and in turn I simply told her that she could call me Hitsugaya.

UA JUDGING ROOM/AIZAWA POV

"So I guess that answers your questions Shota." Hizashi's voice is the only sound heard in the room. We are all gobsmacked, this Izuku who doesn't even have a physical quirk just out did everyone else including son of Number 2 Hero Shoto Todoroki and set a new record for the test at a brain numbing three minutes thirty.

"I want him in my class Nedzu." I state simply because even if it killed it, I am one curious cat.

UA ACADEMY/IZUKU POV

This is so weird, I spent my years with my mum always wanting to attend UA, become a hero and save everyone with a smile. Yet now I am here undercover for a Brotherhood of Assassins to discover the location of a prehistoric magical artefact before a giant company of cultists who want to enslave mankind can do it first. I guess three years isn't that long. I open the door that read 1-A and find a class void of all other humans save I tall boy with dark hair and glasses, with what appears to be engines in his calves.

"Ah, hello there you must be one of my fellow class mates, greetings I am Tenya Iida." He sticks his hand out as he puts his body into a 900 angle bow, with my gloved hand I shake his hand and return the favour.

"Greetings I am Izuku Hitsugaya, a pleasure Iida."

"I notice that you have made some interesting changes to the Uniform Hitsugaya."

"Ah yes you see I tend to get uncomfortable when not wearing my hood or mask." I had made some minor changes to my uniform, one was an Assassin hood and the other bring a silver like mask covering my lower facial regions (similar to Shoji's mask but metallic).

"Very well, may I ask how you went with the Entrance Exam?"

"Oh, well I am a recommended student."

"That is incredible, whom was it that recommended you?"

"Oh well it was Edgeshot and in case you were wondering I came first place in the recommendation exam."

"That is truly incredible, you must have a truly powerful quirk to pull off a feat." My attitude instantly fell, why must everyone believe that to do anything you need a quirk but whatever.

"Actually my quirk is called Eagle Vision it works as a sixth sense of sorts."

"Intriguing, my on quirk is called Engines as you can see, I have engines in my calves that allow me to travel at fast speeds." The conversation died off as more students appeared so I took a seat by a window and sat, waiting for my teacher. That was until I saw him.

'Kacchan?'

After some time I notice what seemed to be a yellow lump enter the classroom and after introducing himself to be Shoto Aizawa, our homeroom teacher in a sleeping bag, he told us to meet him at Training Ground Beta in 10 minutes so me being an Assassin I jumped out of the window to the shock of everyone else and using my free running skills, hook blade and grappling hook to arrive in my PE uniform with my hood and mask on three minutes early, even faster than sensei. Once everyone was amassed Aizawa told us we were preforming a series of tests using our quirks and last place would be expelled due to the 21 students in our class, by the end I had clocked in at 5th out of twenty one with last place being Mineta Minrou.

"But sir I didn't have a quirk that help me in any of these tests!" Tears streamed down his face in an ugly manner.

"That excuse is invalid especially when Hitsugaya reached 5th place without using his quirk." This riled up some gasps and disbelief much to my annoyance.

"Son henceforth Mineta Minrou is expelled from UA." This shocked the class, especially Momo who seemed to believe it was just a logical ruse to make us try our best. After that Aizawa Sensei dismissed us for the day, damn if day one was this hard than I'm in for a real ride this mission.