Almosts - part 1

Aiden arrived at half past seven.

Clara and Gwen were already there and Sierra was just finishing her make up.

"Hello girls" Aiden said, waltzing inside Sierra's house as if it was his own. Her parents weren't there which relaxed him unknowingly.

"Hi, Aiden" said Gwen flatly.

Clara actually stood up to greet him "See is upstairs, she'll be right down".

"SIERRA" he screamed so abruptly it made both the girls jump.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you?" Sierra said walking down the stairs.

She was wearing black jeans and a short tee shirt that slightly showed her belly button when she moved her arms too much. He had never seen her wear that shirt before, and even though she's wearing jeans, she carries them differently this time. Odd.

"Hello weirdo" she said, kissing his cheek absentmindedly. Something was up.

"Ok, everybody in the car, let's go!" Said Clara. She was the designated driver for the party (which she volunteered to do). They were all staying at Sierra's after.

The party was forty minutes away, and they blasted every single song they knew all the way there. Clara and Gwen were in the front and Sierra and Aiden in the back.

It was a mutual friend's graduation party. She had invited Sierra and Clara and they took Gwen and Aiden along. Since they graduated university, they haven't seen much of each other, so this party seemed the perfect opportunity for the four of them to hang out.

Clara parked close to the entrance and they all went in. Excited.

Sierra wasn't much of a party girl, but tonight was going to be different. Her parents were gone, she didn't have to drive and, hey, open bar. She wanted to drink and dance and forget all about Aiden. Whom she's been thinking nonstop since April.

Oh, Aiden. He looked really nice in his button down shirt and jeans. He even wore his nice shoes and a matching watch. He looked so good.

Clara and Gwen are the only two people who know how Sierra felt about him. Not even Sierra was sure, though Gwen has maintained since the beginning this was set to happen.

"You two are going to end up together" Gwen said one day, three years ago when Aiden walked Sierra to one of her classes.

"No we're not. We're just friends, what's wrong with you." Sierra answered and she meant it. Three years ago Sierra was absolutely sure that they would always be friends. Nothing more.

Until April.

They went for coffee, as they usually do, and he told her he got a girlfriend.

Sierra felt a sharp pain in her chest that lasted a week. She even deleted twitter from her phone. She didn't want to see their PDA's and tweet conversations. She didn't know her, but Sierra disliked her greatly. She wasn't good enough for him, she was older and weird looking and obsessed with the Kardashians (Sierra might've stalked her profile a bit) and when she told all this to her friends... well...

"Girl, you are head over heels for him" Clara said matter-of-factly, looking at her with that Clara-look, when you just know she's right. And she knows she's right.

"I KNEW IT! OH I KNEW IT FROM THE BEGINNING" Gwen screamed pointing at her. "What a horrible situation. Just kiss him and see how he reacts".

And that's how this whole night started.