Almosts - Last Part

Joshua cooked for her.

She knocked on his apartment's door, and found him wearing a full chef's uniform. It was all white, like a doctor's, but he had a dark blue apron on top, which Sierra bet he knew made him look ten times hotter.

Girls do love men in uniform.

She blushed when he smiled.She still couldn't believe he was the same little kid who picked his boogers and cleaned them off on his shorts.

"Welcome! Please come in" he said moving aside.

Sierra hesitated for a second, thinking about Aiden's words. She didn't want to feel sad. She hasn't talked to Aiden in two weeks. It felt like a lifetime. She shook her head pretending to touch her hair and walked in.

Joshua's apartment was exactly how she imagined it would be. It had low cream ceilings with small lights, dark blue walls on the sides and a soft green on the back wall. His living room was small, and next to it was a small hall that led to the bedroom. To her right was a bamboo screen that created the illusion of two separate rooms.

The other side had a small four person table and an even smaller kitchen. Sierra looked closer and started noticing all the neatly placed kitchenware. There were knives hanging on a side of a cupboard, two shelves dedicated entirely to spices and herbs and things Sierra didn't recognize. There were pans on the walls and an island with fruit on top. She wondered what was inside the cupboards.

The next thing she noticed was the smell. It smelled like she imagined the set of Chopped smelled like. She recognized the scent of chicken and vegetables, but everything else was intoxicating and new.

Joshua lightly placed his hand on her back and showed her her chair. "I'm so glad you came today" he said walking back to the kitchen, "can I get you something to drink?"

Sierra said that whatever was fine, so he opened a bottle of white wine.

Fancy.

Sierra felt like a grown up, which was both cool and scary.

Joshua asked questions while finishing their dinner, and Sierra had to make an effort to listen because looking at him cook was distracting.

The dinner was glazed chicken with steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes with pieces of bacon and something else, all covered in a delicious gravy.

Joshua was amazing.

Sierra enjoyed the dinner and the conversation.

They had catch up in their previous dates and via text, but there was still so much to say. So much to know.

Still, Sierra felt something was off. As if there was a mosquito flying in the back of her mind.

When dinner was over, Joshua brought out coconut ice cream and asked if she wanted to sit on the couch.

They ate ice cream, watching re runs of friends, which made her think about Aiden. This was their deal. Sit down and eat ice cream watching re runs of either Friends or How I Met Your Mother. The thought made her stomach turn. She didn't want to be sad now, so she commented on the episode and concentrated on Joshua and Joey.

Joshua kissed her on the couch.

His mouth was cold and sweet. She forgot about everything for a moment. She felt good with him. Joshua knew what he was doing and Sierra just followed. Even if the kiss was great, there was still something bothering her.

After a while, she said it was getting late and and she went home.

She didn't sleep well that night. Sierra couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing. The next night, right before going to bed, someone knocked on her door.