pool day.

age 14/15
el's pov

i woke to hopper shaking my shoulder. "el, it's time to wake up. your friends will be here in a couple of hours."

i shot up out of bed. how could i forget? today was going to be a pool day with the party at hawkin's community pool. also the first day i'm allowed to go somewhere with lots of people in who knows how long.

"woah kid calm down." hop said rustling my hair. "get ready and then we'll have breakfast."

"eggos?" i asked hopefully.

"sure kid." he said making his way to the kitchen.

i walked over to my closet thinking of what i was going to wear. the party was going to come over for a bit before we went to the pool, so i wasn't going to wear my swimsuit just yet.

i finally decided on just wearing a pair of dark jean shorts and and light pink crop top nancy gave to me. i slipped on my white high top converse and ran my fingers through my hair before walking to the kitchen table.

right as i finished my breakfast i heard the secret knock coming from the door. i ran to it quickly opening it with my powers. stood behind it was max, lucas, dustin, will, and most importantly mike.

i gave them each a hug, holding mike for just a little bit longer, before we walked to the living room.

lucas grabbed a seat on the couch pulling max into his lap before she pushed herself off, sitting next to him. will and dustin found a spot on the floor. and mike sat down on the other end of the couch bringing me with him. once we sat down he wrapped his arm around my shoulder making me smile.

"so el do you know how to swim?" asked dustin.

"umm... kind of. hopper takes me to the lake sometimes. i'm not very good." i said worriedly.

"well just stay with me and you'll be alright." mike said squeezing my shoulders. causing dustin to laugh and max to roll her eyes.

we talked for about an hour more and it was now 12:30. max and i decided it was probably a good idea to put our swim suits on so we could get going.

"el let's go to your room and change into our swim suits." max said getting up off of the couch.

"okay." i replied kissing mike on the cheek before following her to my room.

max put on a black one piece and i put on a lavender bikini with ruffles.

i turned around to show her and she said, "mike is gonna flip out."

"flip out?" i asked confused. was he literally going to flip?

"it means he's gonna lose his mind when he sees you in that." max said taking me by the hand and walking us to the mirror.

she started doing poses acting like she was a model, encouraging me to join in.

"wow we look hot." max said laughing. hot is a new word i learned. max said it can also mean you look really good, even better than pretty.

"let's take a picture." i said grabbing my polaroid camera. i snapped the pic and then we went out to the living room.

the boys turned around when they heard my door open and mike's jaw dropped.

"i think i see some drool lucas." max said wiping lucas' face causing him to wrestle her to the couch.

"mike?" i said wondering why he was frozen.

"yeah s-sorry el you j-just look really... um well..."

"hot." i said confidently causing max to snort. what? she's the one who taught me the word.