no photography.

thank you for 2k reads!!!
age 14/15
main pov

it was a peaceful sunday afternoon. mike and el were laying on a thick light blue blanket at the top of a hill. surrounding them were nothing but different types of flowers in varying shades.

there was a steady cool breeze in the air, since it was nearing fall. to keep warm, mike had on a pair of jeans with a dark green sweatshirt. while el had on one of mike's oversized navy blue hoodies, leggings, and her black combat boots.

mike busied himself by reading his new comic books and el took pictures of just about every flower she thought was pretty. jonathan had recently gotten her a camera for her birthday and it was her new favorite thing.

el picked out a few blue petaled flowers and made her way back to the blanket where mike was laying on his stomach enjoying his book.

el sat her flowers down on the blanket before laying on top of mike and wrapping her arms around him.

"hi el." mike said putting his book down. he didn't even have to look to know it was her.

"hello mike." el replied burying her face in his neck.

they layed there for a few minutes just enjoying eachother's presence before mike turned around to lay on his back. he propped himself up on his elbows and el sat with her legs on either side of his lap.

el leaned over to grab the flowers she had just picked and handed them to mike.

"are these for me?" mike asked sitting up.

"yes they are." el said.

"thank you el." mike replied and el just pecked him on the lips.

"these are pretty el. but not as pretty as you." mike said putting one behind her ear causing el to blush and look away.

mike placed the palm of his hand on el's cheek causing her to look at him. mike leaned in and el met him half way. they kissed for a few seconds. it was sweet and full of love and they pulled away smiling.

el wanted to capture this moment so she reached over to grab her camera and put it up to her face. as she clicked the button mike quickly covered his face with his hands.

"mike come on. just one picture." el pleaded.

"el you know i hate having my picture taken." mike told her.

"please? for me?" el asked and pecked his lips, letting the kiss linger for a few seconds before pulling away and quickly taking a photo of mike.

"el!" mike yelled while laughing. he rolled them over so that he was now sitting on top of her, both wrestling for the camera.

mike pinned her arms above her head a and grabbed the camera. he brought the camera up to his face hurriedly and snapped a picture of el. she was laughing, her face was flushed from wrestling, and her hair was wild. she could not have looked more perfect in mike's eyes.

"fine we're even." el said wiggling out from underneath mike.

"i guess so." mike said running his fingers through his now messy hair.

"let me help you." el said crawling over to him. she sat next to him and ruffled his hair a bit.

"el." mike whined and went back to fixing his hair.

el sneakily grabbed her camera from behind her and snapped a photo of mike. he was fixing his hair, his cheeks were rosey from the cold, and he looked very focused. he could not have looked more perfect in el's eyes.

unfortunately, the flash caught his eye and he soon realized she had taken his photo.

"no photography ma'am." mike said in goofy accent causing el to laugh and hide the camera behind her back.

"i don't know what you're talking about." el said trying to seem innocent.

"oh yeah?" mike questioned as he grabbed her feet and pulled her towards him.

mike got on top of her and tried tickling her sides, but el's grip was strong. and despite all of her laughing she held the camera to her eye and clicked another photo.

in the image you could tell she was underneath him as he was reaching down towards her and was laughing.

el rolled them over so she was laying on top of him. they were both still laughing away and grabbing for the camera.

before they knew it, they were rolling and they were rolling fast down the rather large hill. mike and el were tumbling over top of one another as they made their way towards the bottom of the hill.

once they reached the bottom they were both out of breath and laughing wildly.

"el are you okay?" mike asked her as he stood up.

"yes." she managed to reply through her laughs.

mike put his hand out to help el up off of the ground. she grabbed his hand and hopped up off of the grass.

mike wrapped his arms around her waist and el rested her hands on his neck. they stared into each other's eyes for a minute before bursting out into another fit of laughter.

"i can't believe that just happened." el said as she buried her face in mike's chest and laughed harder than before.

"i know." mike replied grabbing his stomach while he was still laughing.

mike picked el up and carried her up to the top of the hill where all of their belongings were. after they cleaned up, they started their walk home laughing along the way at little jokes made by the other person.

el could not wait to develop those photos and hang them in her room.
---------------------------
973 words
good afternoon!
thanks for 2k reads again :))
vote, comment, request.