scary movie.

*disclaimer* i will be referencing the original IT movie in this. i am fully aware it was released in 1990, so just pretend it was made in the early 80s.
------
age 14/15
main pov

"el are you absolutely sure you want to watch a scary movie?" mike asked for the 100th time that night.

"mike." el whined covering his mouth, "i am not a baby."

"i know, but i just don't want you to get too scared." mike said as he laced their fingers together.

"i've seen worse." el said kissing him on the nose.

"okay, but if you get scared just tell me and i'll turn it off." mike said as he got up to turn on the movie and turn off the lights.

"okay mike." said el as she reached for him to cuddle her.

el curled up in mike's lap and he had his arms protectively wrapped around her. el would occasionally jump at some images causing mike to only hold her tighter.

"mike he kind of looks like you." el stated pointing to the screen.

just than an image of the character richie tozier flashed across the screen causing mike to ask, "who that one?"

"no that one." el giggled and pointed to the screen which now showed pennywise the clown.

"el you're awful." mike said tickling her sides.

"okay okay. i'm sorry." el said still laughing, but turned around to kiss mike on the lips.

they finished watching the movie and el turned the lights back on with her powers instantly.

"did you like it?" mike asked el as she turned around to sit on his lap sideways.

"mhm." el replied playing with his fingers.

"and you're not scared?" mike asked knowing damn well she was terrified.

"no way." el said, "you're scared."

truth is mike was scared as hell, but he wouldn't let el know that. so he had to act as if the movie they just watched didn't bother him at all.

"i am not scared." mike said lying straight though his teeth.

"i'm not scared either." el said lying straight though her teeth.

just then karen opened the basement steps and yelled, "kids it's time for bed, it's nearly 11:00 at night." which caused them both to jump.

"okay mom." mike yelled in response.

they both got up and mike wrapped his arm around el as the walked up the basement steps. once they got into mike's room they laid down on his bed.

they faced eachother and el had her leg wrapped around mike as they held hands.

"mike." el whispered.

"yeah el?" he responded.

"i am a little scared."

"it's okay el none of it was real." he told her as he wrapped both his arms around her.

"really?" el asked him.

"yeah. and i would never let anything happen to you." mike stated. even though he was scared out of his mind, he had to act tough for el.

el just gave him a quick kiss on the lips in response.

just then they heard a weird noise in the hallway causing el to jump and wrap both her legs around mike and bury her face in his neck.

"i-it's okay el." mike said completely shitting his pants.

"mike what was that?" el asked clinging onto him for dear life.

"umm i'll go check the hallway." he said sitting up, but el was still wrapped around him.

"el." mike said chuckling.

"no. what if you die?" el said and her grip only tightened.

"i am not going to die." mike said getting up with el still attached to him.

mike walked out to the hallway and turned on the the light when they heard the bathroom door open. they both jumped and el screamed causing mike to drop her.

turns out it was just nancy who they almost gave a heart attack to.

"what the hell are you doing?" nancy whisper yelled.

"sorry el." mike said helping her up, "el was scared because you were making a lot of noise, so i wanted to see what it was."

"el why are you scared?" nancy asked while going over to hug her.

"scary movie." el stated as she hugged back.

"mike what movie did you guys watch?" nancy asked.

"it." mike replied.

"michael you're a dumbass." nancy stated.

"shut up nancy." mike told her.

"el are you okay?" nancy asked as she pulled away.

"yes." she replied.

"nancy" mike said looking at the ground, "i was thinking we could sleep in your room tonight. ya know because el's scared."

"right because el's scared... not you?" nancy asked smirking.

"i don't get scared i'm tough." mike stated crossing his arms.

"yeah alright. you guys can sleep in my room." nancy said.

they all walked into nancy's bedroom and found a spot on the bed. el layed in the middle because it made her feel safer. el layed with her back up against mike's stomach and he had his arms wrapped around her.

"goodnight you babies." nancy said.

"night." mike said.

"good night nancy. good night mike." el said snuggling closer to mike.

"sweet dreams el." mike said before pecking el's neck.

the three drifted peacefully to sleep. despite mike's snoring el slept better than she has in a long time.
---------------------------
882 words
i hope y'all had a good day today.
i can't reply to your messages, but i am working on your requests.
vote, comment, request.