Dickinson

"Dick! Stop, please it's not what you think!" A girl yelled from the end of a long hallway.

"Then what is it Barbra?! What else could it be? What else could you-" He started.

"We weren't! I swear! Wade he..."

"No, I'm sick of this! I'm sick of finding you with him! I'm sick of you always telling me what it wasn't! I'm sick of trusting you. I'm done with your shit, I'm done." He yelled.

"Dick, please listen to me! He-he he's-"

"He's nothing, Barbra we are 15, he is 55! I know you are sleeping with him. I'm not going to be with someone who cheats!" He yelled.

"Is this about that other girl?" Barbra asked, stopping him. "That other girl and her stupid kid? Is that why you don't trust me? Are you just waiting until you can dump me and get with her?"

"Don't bring Rebecca's friend into this. This is about you and Wade!"

"So what I slept with him? Does that change how I feel about you? No! I still love you! You're still the one I love the most." Barbra said. "I just, I was weak."

"It's this that I'm sick of, this trying to convince me that what you do is ok. It's not, it will never be. How would you feel if I went out and slept with Rebecca's friend, the one you see as a threat?"

"I-I-but this is different."

"No, I'm done." Dickinson said walking away.

"It's about her, that stupid girl. You just want her! Dick, don't you get it! You just want her!" Barbra yelled.

"So what if I do? So what?" He asked.

"I slept with one person, one time. How often have you been with her?"

"I'm not answering anymore questions." He said.

"Dick, please don't do this." She begged.

"I'm sorry..." he said walking out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Richard, Rebecca sent me up. Are you ok?" A woman asked knocking on his door.

"Emma, go away." He said.

"I need to talk to you."

"I don't care."

"It's important, about Barbra." She said.

"Come in..." He said, the door opened. A thin, pale, red haired girl walked in and sat on his bed beside him.

"I wanted to tell you I'm sorry, about what she did."

"It's not your fault." He said angrily.

"It's my Father's." She whispered.

"What?"

"Wade, he's my father. I don't talk to him." She said. "Well we don't...I'm back it's fine fine. It's not fine. Help me."

"I-I-I I'm glad we ended things." He stated.

"What?"

"I wanted to start being a Father to Jessie. She held me back from that. I think I always-" He said placing his hand on her cheek.

"Dickinson stop, no I, I can't." She said jerking away from him.

"That's not what I wanted to say. You had- your hair was in your face it bothered me." He said brushing her hair behind her ear. "I think I always knew that I would be a Father-figure to her."

"Right, I-what I said it-"

"Emma, I made a mistake being with her." Dickinson said, he was met with silence in return. "I'm going to devote myself to school and Jessie. I'm a new man."

"Dickinson, listen to me..."

"You aren't making sense."

"Help me..." Emma said trailing off. "I can't stay like this for long. She's taring me apart! Hide Jessie and forget me, please she could get to you too."

"Emma, you can't. Hold her off, please." He begged embracing her. "Don't give up, how can you hold her off more? Can I make a deal with her?"

"You may state your offer."

"What do you want for her for another year?"

"Pain is my fuel, I'll take yours and you can have her for one year. No more, unless she can defeat me."

"Take it, take it, take what you want. Just let me have her." He begged.

"Then it's a deal, boy." Sagira said before draining him of all his pain. "You are so dumb..." She said, in that normal, Newfoundland accented voice. Full of power, frustration, and sass, no trace of the fearfull one he had heard for months.

"What did I do this time?" He asked, laughing.

"You...why are you hugging me?"

"Because I'm happy. What's wrong with that?"

"I hate affection, don't touch me." She said uncomfortably.

"Sorry, I didn't think." He said, before she kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks, bird-brain." She said. "Good night." She said getting up and walking out. He just stared starry-eyed and rubbed his face.

"She called me bird-brain...."