Where are you hiding now?

"Kritanta," a voice whispered from the darkness. "where are you hiding now?" The voice sounded loving, calm, and welcoming.

"Emma, where is that coming from?" Ashton asked as the pair sprinted for the next portal.

"The Tri-loop is being fractured..." She answered.

"What the hell is a Tri-loop?"

"It's a connection between me, Jessie, and Dickinson. We're the only one we know about. Something must be separating the ties between us."

"Who's talking?!" Ashton screamed into the cavernous space.

"I wonder where my little Kritanta Alphie went?" That calming voice said. "Oh well, I'll just have to eat all that soup myself..."

"Here Mama! Here I am!" A young girl yelled, jumping up from behind the couch. The girl's mother picked her up and smiled fondly at her.

"There you are! Did you go adventuring again?"

"I went into Siberia and searched for the treasure of the Russian Monarchy!"

"Really?" The mother said, placing the child down on a chair and setting a bowl of soup in front of her.

"And I found a crown just for you!" The child said, handing her mother a newspaper hat.

"Awww thank you." The mother said with another gentle smile. She looked very young, yet very old and tired.

Emma looked longingly at the scene and reached out as though she could go through and experience it.

"Where are we going after lunch?" Kritanta asked her mother.

"You my darling are going to visit your father and I'm going to my final exams." The mother said wiping some soup from the girls face.

"Why do you need to go, I don't like Wade's house. It's scary."

"I wish I could take you with me, but Manitoba is very far away. But when I get back, guess where we're going?" She said, excitedly.

"We're going home!" The girl said, rushing into her mother's arms. Tears started running down the mother's face. The vision then faded.

"Mom...don't go..." Emma whispered. "Please..."

"Kritanta?" Ashton murmured.

"Yeah that's my real name." Emma confessed. "She never got to go home, neither did I."

"This was the last time you saw her?"

"Yeah...the last time I saw her alive." Emma said glaring at the ground. "Wade killed her three days later. She was only 22, I've lived longer than she did."

"She had Jessie's time powers?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" 

"Then she knew what was going to happen. She knew she would be killed-"

"Shut your fucking mouth. She couldn't have known, she would have tried to stop it."

"Jessie tried to stop it, she told me we would lose. She still lost her life." Ashton said, placing their hands on Emma's shoulders. "They know time better than we do Al, they know that if they try to stop it, it won't change anything."

"I want my family back..."

"I do too, that's what we're trying to do now."

"What if it doesn't work?" She sniffled.

"Then we try another way, Al." Ashton said, offering Emma, or Kritanta now, a hand. "Let's be strong, ok?"

"I'll try..."