Chapter 1 - 6 years later

"C' mon Cyrus just let me in" Sasha whined. "It's late, no one's going to be there to catch me anyway." The firing range was just about to close so there would be no one to watch her practise, just how she liked it. "It's against protocol. I'm sorry Sash, but I can't, not after last time. You don't want to get me fired do you?" She looked at him annoyed. "Plus" he said " what would your parents say" She scowled at him. Her parents were a touchy subject but he always found a way to bring them up, not to be mean just because she had never actually told him what had happened Her best and only friend Cyrus, who mans the firing range, lets her in late. She wasn't really a people person but she liked Cyrus. Unfortunately, one night the patrolling guard, Larry, heard her shooting and had told the authorities. Sasha had been staying with at an institute that carried out certain 'jobs' that were not totally legal. Ok, she worked for an assassin cartel, but they had looked after since she was young so she figured she owed them. Plus she would be the youngest one there, which means she had more to prove.

She had crashed at a bus shelter after going home to find a dead man in her house and her parents missing. She had walked and walked to the bus shelter and then been picked up by the head of the institution. His name was Shannon Palmer and she had been living there ever since. He was sort of a father figure to her and she looked up to him. She wanted to practise shooting (not that she needed to practise, she had never missed a shot in the last two years) so she could impress Shannon and so he could hopefully put her on her first mission.

She had been wanting a mission since she was fifteen but Shannon insisted she waited until turning 20."You don't want to start this early Sasha, trust me," he would say. She did trust him but that didn't make me want the mission any less. The other guys she usually trained with in the day time were better than her and she hated that. Sure they were older and stronger than her but she wanted that to change.

"Cyrus." She moaned again, this time adding her puppy dog eyes. "Please?" He studied her with his blazing green eyes. God he was good looking with his blonde hair, well toned muscles and perfectly curved lips. Ok so she might've had a little crush on him once upon a time, but she was only fourteen then she was almost twenty now. She was well over liking him in that way, but they were still good friends. "No." He repeated. "Fine" she huffed, and stalked back to her room giving him one final look before turning te corner. She would come back tomorrow and try again. She just had to think of a way to make him let her in.

Sasha's room was small, like most rooms in the institute. She didn't get out much so she spent most of her time here or training, either at the firing range or gym. Earlier that day she had spent a solid 5 hours training with a mentor, so she was exhausted. As she got changed and had a shower, she picked out her pyjamas and latex them in her bed. They were nothing fancy, a singlet too and some track pants. She liked them thought, and they were comfy. As she fiddled around brushing her hair and putting on socks, she felt the weariness creeping in. She put her head on the pillow and no sooner then she had done that, she fell into a dreamless slumber.

Did you enjoy chapter 1? If so be sure to read the next ones

xxSoph