Chapter 7 - Planning

Sasha yawned. She had been in the library for hours and it was well past curfew. She looked at the clock hanging on the far wall. It was 2:30 am.

Damn, she did not think she had been there for that long.

She had been looking for any evidence that might link Tim Getter to the death of her best friend. The night her team had been sent to murder him she had seen a black ski mask identical to the one the gunman wore.

The computers in the library were kind of slow. Considering she worked for an elite assassins institute you would think the could afford some better computer, but for now, she was stuck with this crappy old Dell.

She decided to call it a night at around 2:45 thinking she would need to be well-rested as she had a briefing with her team. They were going to be sent on another mission. This one, to take down one of the high rolling drug dealers in the city.

It wasn't a secret among the assassins that the city's mayor sometimes paid them for these gig's to get the major problems out of his hair. In return, he would turn a blind eye to what they did every other day.

~~~~~~~~~

The next morning she was brutally awakened by her alarm clock. She kicked herself for staying up so late. What was she thinking, that she would stay up till 3:00 am and just be fine at 7:00 the next morning? Ugh, she wouldn't be doing that again.

She pulled on her favourite black hoodie and track pants, then headed to the meeting. Who's idea was it to have it this early anyway?

When she arrived she was greeted with a few grunts and nods as she sat down. They were still waiting for a couple of people. When they finally got here the meeting started. They talked about the new mission and how they would proceed with the assassination. They planned everything, from the day they would do it and how. Then they discussed payment. Each member was to receive 10% each. The rest would go to the institute. You know for repairs and stuff.

She was kind of excited for the mission. It always gave her a thrill of adrenaline. It was the most stimulating part of being an assassin, especially one with so much planning.

The mission was set for next week. It gave them time to train and mentally prepare together. If they didn't trust each other enough and someone let them down, it could be lethal for all of them.

Ok so I know this was kind of a crappy chapter but it will get more interesting in the next one. Thanks again for reading

Also if you seeing any grammatical errors or mistakes I would not be offended if you pointed it out so I can fix it, thank you 😊

xxSoph