Chapter 5 - Wake up call

Sasha woke to the beeping of a monitor, it was annoying her. She looked around and discovered she was in a hospital wearing an ugly blue gown covered by thin, white sheets. For a brief couple of seconds, she had forgotten what had happened. Then she remembered. Oh god, she has to see if Cyrus was ok. She turned to the side of her bed to find a button that called the nurse in. She pressed it and it made a small click sound. Soon after a female nurse came in.

She was dressed in a crisp white, button-up shirt with white pants and a hat that looked like it belonged to a sailor with a Red Cross on it. "What is it, love? How are you feeling?" There was an awful ache in her shoulder, she suspected she had broken it. " Um I was hoping you could see if my friend was ok, his name is Cyrus? He would've been with me" The nurse looked at her sadly. "He just came out of surgery. He alive but only because of life support. The odds are he won't make it darling, I'm sorry." Sasha looked down at her hands as a tear slid down her cheek. She would make whoever did this to him, pay. With his life.

"I would like to see him please?"

"Um, I don't think you allow-"

"I need to see him"

The nurse looked at her with pity. "Ok love, I'll see what I can do." The nurse turned around and left. Sasha leaned back on her pillows, releasing the ache in her neck. She felt as if she had only laid there for a second when the nurse came back with a suggestion of sadness on her face. Sasha sat up hopefully. "The doctor says you can see him but only after you get cleared yourself." Sasha scowled.

 "I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me, see?" She waved her hands around and stood up out of bed.

 "That's not up to you to decide" 

"Well go get the doctor so he can decide"

A flicker of annoyance crossed the old lady's face, then she turned and scurried away to get the doctor. She came back with the doctor and he silently started taking off the needles and cords connecting her to the monitors. Then he rebandaged her shoulder and put her arm in a sling. "You have a broken collarbone and a few bruises, which is lucky given the circumstances." He gave her a somewhat forced smile. " It should be healed completely in a couple of weeks maximum.  You are to do no sport or physical activity or anything with that arm for the next two weeks. But apart from that, you should be fine to go home." A bubble of excitement rose through her body. "So I can see Cyrus?"

The nurse turned away and bustled with the cords, leaving the doctor standing next to her bed with an ashamed and guilty look on his face. 

"I'm sorry Sasha. Cyrus didn't make it"

Poor Cyrus. What will Sasha do to avenge him? Read on in the next chapter.

Thanks so much for reading

xxSoph