Chapter 8

It was around 3:00 am when Sasha and her team came back from their mission, cranky and tired. They had almost screwed it up, (well she had almost screwed it up), when the victim let slip he was employed by the same man as the gunman, which she had found out was a man named Asher Mahn.  Sasha had wanted to keep him alive to question him, but Jamie shot him. She was close to hitting him afterwards and jeopardising the whole mission. They had to be swift and professional and she had broken both those rules. She was sure that Shannon would have something to say about that in the morning, but for now she would focus on not punching Jamie in the face.

~~~~~~~~~

Later on, Sasha focused her efforts in the library. She didn't know when her next mission would be so she decided to do some digging on Asher Mahn. Now she had a name it would be a lot easier to find out which crime gang he belonged to.

The institute had a fantastic computer network system, with access to the dark web and black market sites. After an hour or so Sasha was able to work out that Asher Mahn, the man who had shot her friend, was just a lowly hit man. Occasionally he dabbled in some drug dealing but that was it.

Sasha was annoyed because he was at the bottom of the food chain, or rather bottom of the crime network.

So what she had worked out was Asher was just someone hired to do someone else's bidding. But who could want Cyrus dead?

A sudden realisation came over her. What if the gunman wasn't aiming at Cyrus. What if the gunman was aiming at her. After all Cyrus was the one who shielded her from the bullets.

Why was she wanted dead? Did this have something to do with her parents?

She had to find out. She made a mental note to ask Shannon if he knew anything.

Her next mission would have to be her going after Asher's employer, but first she had to find out how to find him.

A/N

I know this is a really short chapter but I am working on making them longer in the future. If you enjoy led be sure to leave a vote or comment. I really appreciate it

xx Soph