Chapter 3 - Cafe

"Hey, sleepyhead." She started, almost falling out of her chair then she remembered she was in the car with Cyrus who was snapping his fingers in front of her face. "Am I that boring to talk to?" She rubbed her eyes trying to get rid of the grogginess that was rolling off her in waves. "N-No," she stuttered. "I was just tired." She stretched her arms reaching towards the roof of the car. Cyrus poked her in her side and she squirmed out of the way. He laughed. It was one of her fatal flaws, being too incredibly ticklish for her good.

She looked around at where they were. The car was sitting in the parking lot of a multi-story building with a line of restaurants and cafes. It was nothing fancy but it looked like a nice place for an eight o'clock breakfast.

Cyrus guided her along until he walked into his chosen cafe. It was the newest looking out if all of them and probably the one she would have chosen herself. They sat down at a table and Sasha picked up the menu. There was a wide range of options but her eyes stuck to one she hadn't had in a seriously long time.

"So what can I getcha?" The waitress serving them looked expectant, like they were supposed to know what they wanted from one glance at the menu. "Umm I'll have a coffee thanks," Sasha answered, "and the poached eggs please," She thought she had said it nicely but the look on the waitresses face looked like she didn't care for Sasha's answer. She looked at. Cyrus who was wearing a nice shirt covered by a hoodie and some black ripped jeans. His lack of effort in his clothing made him look hot. Well, the waitress sure thought so.

"And what about you handsome?" She asked with a seductive smile. Cyrus looked confused and bewildered. Sasha wondered why he looked so confused. He didn't he was with her, did he?

"Just a coffee and eggs. Thanks" The waitress smiled at him again but he looked away, towards her.

"So Sasha," he started. " I was hoping we could talk."
"Umm ok, talk about what?"
"About us Sash."
Sasha gulped. She had a thought about what he was trying to say and that made her nervous. How would she respond?
"Sasha?"
She looked up. Up into his eyes. His big beautiful eyes that were the colour of an autumn leaf.
"I've been meaning to ask you for a while now."
He took a deep breath. "I want us to......"

He looked around, distracted. Everything had turned silent and for a gut-wrenching moment she thought the occupants of the cafe were looking at them, but they weren't. They were looking outside towards what looked like a mass of people swarming to getaway. It looked like they were running from something.

All of a sudden a man in a black ski mask ran in front of the cafe lifted up a machine gun and fired.

What will happen to Sasha and Cyrus? Comment if you want another chapter.

xxSoph