FOURTEEN: MILKSHAKES PT. 2

Daydream held her cell phone to her ear. It was the first time she actually used a phone in over five months even if it was just a burner phone. She was speaking to Jessica, her mother. This was a rare moment when she was able to get away from Roger and his Hydra team, who pretended to be SHIELD agents.

"It'll all be over soon," Daydream tells Jessica quietly into the temporary phone's tiny speaker, "he knows everything. He figured it out himself no one had to tell him."

She was talking about Captain America, who found out SHIELD was infested with Hydra agents and to no one's surprise he wasn't thrilled about it. He had ran off with Black Widow and the Falcon after Nick Fury's death at the hands of Hydra's most despicable agents.

"How is one man going to take down a whole organization by himself?" Jessica asks. She's clearly distressed and worried for both of her daughters.

"Mom, he's an Avenger and survived seventy years in ice. He'll be fine," the girl reassured her mother, but Jessica sighs unconvinced.

"How are we keep your father away from Elizabeth?" she asks as Daydream surveyed her surroundings to make sure she was still along after hearing a noise.

She felt someone's presence in the alley she was hiding in. With a mental sigh Daydream decides this person must be dealt with after she got off the phone with her mom.

"Don't worry, everything is taken care of," she told Jessica, who still sounded unsteady, "I have to go."

"Okay," the older woman said, "call soon, Ryan. Please."

"I'll try," she replies and ends the call. She shoves the burner phone in the back pocket of her blue jeans, "alright come on out."

A woman comes out wearing an angry expression with her teeth bared. They're were caked in grime and Daydream had no doubt that her breath was rancid.

"Traitor," she said in an angry voice which matched her face. With a roll of her brown eyes Daydream used her powers to grip the woman's mind. It rendered her able to speak, move and gave her a hard time breathing. She looks at her pitiful accuser with an emotionless gaze and lifts her a few feet into the air.

"Your kind are like a cancer, you grow on things and cause them not to flourish like they're supposed to," Daydream says in a calm voice with a neutral expression painted on her face as she held the woman aloft and she gasped for breath, "Hydra will fall and if you get in my way again I'll kill you if you make me."

She pulled the woman toward her. The smell of the woman's body burns Daydream's nose.

"Hail Hydra," the woman struggles out. Daydream touches two fingers to the women's temple. She loses consciousness and Daydream lets her drop to the ground. The blonde girl walked out of the alley and left the woman laying on the ground.

Elizabeth closed her eyes and let herself fall away. 

"Holy shit," Liz said looking around, "did you just go into my lamp?"

"I guess," Elizabeth answers moving from the lamp into the wall, "I'm in the walls now."

It sounds like her best friend was underwater, but Liz was able to understand her okay.

"Don't knock out the power please, we need to finish season four of the Vampire Diaries tonight," Liz said in mock distress. Elizabeth laughs.

"One thing at a time, Liz," the blonde says. Elizabeth continues moving through the house's electrical system. Once she's satisfied with her practice Elizabeth reforms in Liz's room from an outlet in the wall. This makes Liz jump a little.

"Give me a warning next time," she says as Elizabeth sits on her bed next to her. Liz is texting someone, Elizabeth's best guess was Peter.

"What did Peter say?" Elizabeth asks as Liz sends out another message.

"He asked me to hang out on Friday night, but that's when you're going into the SHIELD files," she said.

Elizabeth shakes her head.

"You should go. You've literally been ignoring him for months and he's technically still your boyfriend," she insists, but the black haired girl twists her mouth.

"I don't know, Elizabeth. What about you?" Liz asks.

"I'll be fine, go get milkshakes or whatever with your boyfriend," Elizabeth teases. Liz smiles shyly before nodding her head.

"Okay, I'm going to do it, but call me if anything goes wrong," Liz told Elizabeth. She made Elizabeth promise despite the blonde repeatedly insisting she would be fine. 

Weekdays came and went. Both girls got ready on Friday night, Liz was wearing a sweater and jeans while Elizabeth was wearing all black and Liz's ski goggles.

Now Elizabeth was hiding while Liz was distracting her parents while the blonde slipped out the back door. With a running start across Liz's backyard Elizabeth takes off the ground and watches as the Allens' roof grew smaller and smaller in the distance.

She glides through the night air, her practice with Liz was paying off. Elizabeth lets out an excited y'all as she flew through the air. She increased her speed and found her way to the SHIELD office in no time.

It was surprisingly empty looking for being SHIELD's major New York office. Elizabeth reasoned that SHIELD still wasn't widely known to the public. The blonde girl lands on the roof and now for the hard part.

Elizabeth closed her green eyes and focused on letting herself fall away. She travels like a current through the SHIELD's electricity grid until she finds the Hall of Records.

It takes a while, but Elizabeth finds herself filed under CO for Copper. She pulls out her phone and readies her camera app and opens the file with shaky hands.

Liz sips her strawberry milkshake as she waited for Peter to show up. Her annoyance levels had maxed out to become a dull rage that carved at her patience like a dull knife.

Liz checks her watch. She's been waiting here for an hour and a half. Liz sucked down the rest of her milkshake and leaves ten dollars to pay her bill and as a tip. Liz stomps out the same diner she had accompanied Elizabeth's monthly meetings with her mother. Liz sighs for what seems like the millionth time that night and dials her dad's number.