EPILOGUE: A BLACK SWAN

Elizabeth watched Ryan as she laid comatose in a former SHIELD hospital. She hadn't woken up since using the last of her strength to keep herself from bleeding out the day Roger died. 

A short sigh escapes Elizabeth's lips as she leaned forward and kissed her's sisters forehead. Something told her she wouldn't be back here for a while. 

"Elizabeth," a voice said behind her. Elizabeth turns quickly to see her mother holding some balloons. Her blonde hair was pulled back and her face was void of makeup. Most people would be comforted by the sight of their mother in a time like this, but the sight of Elizabeth's mother made her face twist in a nasty expression. 

"I was just leaving," Elizabeth hissed at the other blonde. 

"Elizabeth, we eventually had to make peace with your powers. It's better now then later," Jessica told her daughter. 

Elizabeth's facial expression hardens at Jessica's words. 

"I don't need you anymore, mother," Elizabeth said, "I have Liz. We have us and you're not us."  

"Elizabeth," Jessica says. Her voice is swelling with sorrow as she held back tears. 

Elizabeth pushes the chair she was sitting in beside Ryan's bedside away and she stands. 

"In time we might be together again. Now is not that time," the green eyed girl tells her mother. Elizabeth leaves Ryan's bedside and marches down the hallway of the SHIELD hospital feeling somewhat liberated from the burden of being inhuman and that she was made of people stitched together like some type of Frankenstein's Monster. Strangely it didn't bother Elizabeth as much as it did when she first found out about it. To be completely honest as the blonde walked down the sterile hallway she was okay for now. 

Elizabeth comes to the front door and walks down the Manhattan sidewalk, but stops at a small, but luxurious park she had never seen or heard of before. Something draws her to a bench sitting by a pond which was populated by a flock of swans. 

For a long while she stares at them going about whatever business that a bird can conduct, but then she noticed something. Among the flock was one solitary black swan.

A small smile creeps onto Elizabeth's pink lips.