FIFTEEN: WE HAVE US

Tears ran down Elizabeth's face as she looked into her file. They pool in the bottom of Liz's ski googles as she reads the truth of herself and her powers. Taking pictures to show Liz and to read in deeper detail later.

She had died and they revived her just to make her powers break out. That day where she saw herself crushed under the meteorite was real and not some fever dream.

They had taken an essentially flattened piece of flesh and turned it back into a person. The only organ in Elizabeth's body that belonged to her was her brain which they scooped up off the ground and put back together. The rest were donor or grown in a lab.

She felt like some sort of monster, she was Frankenstein's monster. She felt like she was just a bunch of people and things sewn together.

Elizabeth refuses to let any sobs leave her lips as she photographs every page of the file and replaces it. The blonde hears a door open and quickly closes the drawer that contained her file. She shoves her phone back in her pocket and hid between the file cabinet and the wall. She hears the footsteps of multiple people.

"Transfer all these files to the SHIELD server and then destroy them," a woman's voice said.

"Yes, Agent Hand," another voice said. One pair of footsteps wearing a pair of high heels leaves the room. The person left behind clears their throat and lets out a drawn out groan, "I always get stuck with these shitty jobs."

The person's footsteps ring out in Elizabeth's ears as she holds her breath. She hears the slam of the door once again. Elizabeth slips out of her hiding place and opens the drawer again. Elizabeth takes her files along with Ryan's. She shoves them down her shirt and let herself fall away. Elizabeth travels through the electrical grid and out the building. She uses the New York City electrical grid to get back to Liz's house. 

She lets herself reform in Liz's room and she lays on the carpet. When she's all there her face is dry and hot rage was bubbling in her blood. She sees Liz laying in her bed looking quite exasperated.

"What happened to you?" Elizabeth asked Liz in a scratchy, rather pathetic voice as she removed the ski googles on her face.

(  EARLIER THAT EVENING  )

Liz held her cell phone to her ear as she tapped her heel foot on the sidewalk. Adrian Allen didn't pick up the phone. He must have gone back to work after dropping her off for her date with Peter. 

"Liz, hey," someone said behind her in excited voice.

Liz whips around to see Peter with a big smile on his face. His smile wanes when he sees Liz looks less than thrilled to see him.

"I was waiting for an hour, Peter," Liz said in a slightly angry tone.

"I know I got caught up, but I didn't mean too," Peter said with an apologetic tone of voice. 

"I don't care, Peter. You made such a big deal about Elizabeth and I spending all our time together and when we're supposed to go out you waste my time," Liz tells him. Her face is hot as the wind blows her black hair into her face.

"Liz, I'm sorry," Peter said. He tries to take her hands, but Liz maneuvers her hands out of his reach.

"Save it for someone who cares," she told him and walked away.

"It's okay, Liz," Elizabeth said. Both girls were on Liz's bedroom floor with their heads besides one another's, "we don't need anyone, we have us. Besides maybe Klaus from TVD."

"You're right, Elizabeth. We have us," Liz said, "what did you find in your files?" 

"It's all over there on the desk," Elizabeth told her best friend. Liz gets up off the floor and goes to the desk. The blonde closes her eyes thinking of everything she learned tonight as she listened to Liz leaf through the files. She stays like that for a long time and eventually starts drifting off to asleep.

"Jesus Christ, Elizabeth. This is messed up," Liz said which woke Elizabeth out of her sleep. Liz walked over to her friend still laying on the floor.

"I'm something called an inhuman and I fucking died," Elizabeth said to Liz.

"Your mom and sister knew," Liz says to Elizabeth in a sympathetic tone.

"Yep and they said yes anyway despite knowing who I was and what I stand for," she scoffs and lets out a rather long groan.

"You don't need them anyway," Liz said as Elizabeth opens her green eyes to look at her black haired friend, "we have us and they're not us."

The two best friends stand and tightly embrace one another.

Elizabeth looked in the mirror. She stares at her reflection as she stands at the counter in Liz's bathroom. Now that she looked hard enough she could see the differences between her then and her now. Her irises were were still green, but they were too dark. She was at least an inch too short and her eyes were slightly bigger than before. Not to mention her jawline was stronger and her cheek bones were more visible and her charming round face was replaced with an oval. Even her hairline was different. Now that she knew to look she noticed everything was all wrong.

She even the faded scar that was above her right ear was gone like it had never even been there.

At first a few months ago she just thought she had finally became pretty, but now she just looked wrong. She felt like a cheap imitation of her former self.

Even her hair looked off, it looked almost too blonde if that was even a thing.

Elizabeth closed her eyes, she felt her mind spiraling downward like something was funneling downward.

Suddenly, she felt a disturbance and her eyes shoot open. Her green irises were no longer present. Her eyes were just white and her hair floating and ruffling in some breeze that not even Elizabeth could feel.

Something was happening.