Chapter 3: Red's story

Narrator's POV:
Welcome back young adventurers, we last left our heroes on the road with the acquisition of a map of the world. On the way, Red Dragowolf decided it was time to let the others know a little more about him. Now let's return to our heroes and find out more about Red Dragowolf.

Red's POV:
We were still walking because the map was being difficult about taking us to Oma Island for some reason but while we were walking I started to tell the others about myself. "I wasn't always like this before I started traveling from one universe to another I was sort of like you Yugo. I had a great family and they were supportive of me even though I was born differently. My mom and dad didn't care about what I looked like they were happy to have me in their lives. However, they were always treated differently after I was born. One day while I was attending school these big kids circled around me and started teasing me about how I wasn't supposed to exist at all and they took my lunch and started to eat it and that made me really angry and the next thing I knew I woke up in my mom's arms back at home with no memory of what happened." I said, as I continued my story they were so enthralled by my story that we all ended up stopping at a village for the rest of the day. When we got to an inn and Ruel kept saying that he had no kamas, I grunted a little and pulled out a small crystal and handed it to the inn keeper for two rooms, one for the guys and one for the girls. "You carry crystals around with you. Those are worth a fortune." Ruel said as he started to drool all over, "Don't even think about it, Ruel. You already have enough then you lead any of the others to believe. Besides, one of the seven sins is greed." I said as I walked over to a table and ordered some food for all of us. "What are the seven sins?" Yugo asked, "Well, you all know how greedy Ruel is right." I said and they all nodded, "Well there are seven sins in total, eight if you count murder, but that's beside the point. The seven sins are greed, wrath, lust, gluttony, pride, envy, and sloth." I said. I explained what each of the sins represented and realized that I was sidetrack about my story. I also realized that Amalia was sitting right next to me which made me feel calm and level headed.

Amalia's POV:
While Red told us about the seven sins of man he then realized that we were talking about him because of Ruel. Then the inn keeper handed us a flyer about a music contest later today at the inn. "Hey, you should enter this contest Red." I said, and then I realized that I said his first name and covered my mouth "Oops. Sorry." I said, "Wait, your name is Red? I thought it was Dragowolf." Dally said as he started to chuckle, I saw how Red started to literally heat up, "As if Dally is a tough guy name." I said and I saw Red smile and he calmed down. Rubilax started laughing and Dally started to slam Rubilax against the table, "Thank you, Amalia. Anyway, I don't think I should enter." Red said as he looked at the flyer, "Why not? We all know you're a great singer." Evangeline said, "She's right, and if you ever want a manager I'd be happy to do so." Ruel said, "Not in your life Ruel. Besides, I don't care about money." Red said, that's when Ruel gasped and fell off his chair, "Y-you don't care about money." Ruel said, "Nope, it's impossible for money to lead to happiness. Besides, after my parents died I inherited all of our family's wealth. I only carry enough to pass the time and to get the necessary things that are needed." Red said and that made me feel admiration for him even more. "Come on, Red, what can one song in a contest hurt." Yugo said, Red looked like he was about to say something but ended up stopping because he didn't want to say what he was going to say, "I see your point. Alright, one song and that's it." Red said as the food arrived and we all ate the meal which was really good. After we all ate we went to the rooms that Red paid for and we found out that he was here before because the innkeeper had made sure to put extra sheets in the room that Eva and I were sleeping in. "How did Red even know that we would need extra sheets?" Eva asked, I bit my lip a little and thought about telling her about Red's ability to read minds but I stopped myself.

Yugo's POV:
While we were waiting in the room for Red to finish tuning his guitar he started strumming a few chords and I had to admit that he was really good even though I already heard him before he was really good. "How'd you get so good at that Red?" I asked, "Years of practice, Yugo." Red said as he got up and walked over to the mirror and took off his hood, "How'd you get that scar over your left eye?" Ruel asked, "It's a long story, but the short version of it is that I found one of the people who destroyed my home and during our fight, he managed to use some kind of weapon that stopped my healing abilities for a while and slashed my eye leaving behind this scar. Luckily my eye was able to heal up but the scar never healed." Red said, "What happened to this man?" Dally asked, "I killed him, I used my wolf claws to pierce his heart and he was dead right then and there." Red said as he closed his eyes while putting his left hand over his left eye, "Y-you killed him." I said, "If I hadn't, then he would have done the same thing to other families like he did to those from my home." Red said. Then we all heard a gasp and saw Amalia standing in the doorway and she was looking at Red, "Y-you kill people?" she asked, Red looked at her and with a grim face nodded his head, "This is why I don't like talking about my past." Red said but to all of our surprise Amalia hugged him and he was even more shocked than the rest of us. "You really are torn up inside." Amalia said, "You need to trust someone to talk about these things Red." Evangeline said as she walked into the room and Amalia let go of Red and he was still in shock that they had to pour cold water on him.