Chapter 6: Puddlies

Narrator's POV:
Welcome back young adventurers to the world of Wakfu. We last left our heroes leaving the Ugly Tower and back on the road to get to Oma Island. However, the map they acquired from Kebla Market wasn't being much help. But, we found out that Red is keeping his promise to his brother to find the shards of a powerful sword that can only be wielded by a warrior who knows tragedy along with knowing how to move forward. Now we return to our heroes as they approach another village.

Red's POV:
When we got back on the road to get to Oma Island I heard Dally insult the map again and I knew that this wasn't going to end well for us. "Those lousy Iops and their duels, honor doesn't pay, let me tell you. So just keep your head down, keep out of trouble, that's what I say." Ruel said as he and the others were having a conversation about Iop psychology, "Yeah, but it's a pretty cool way to look at things." Yugo added, "Oh, don't bother, Yugo. Honor, courage, generosity. These are the values we Iops hold dear. How do you expect an old Enutrof to understand the pleasures of confronting an enemy eye to eye?" Dally said. I rolled my eyes and mentally slapped myself as I heard him talk about those things when all he does is, act like a hero, trying to save a princess, being a real pain in everyone's neck, and the nonstop complaining he does when the map or anyone makes fun of him. "Heh, you're dead right. Understanding Iop philosophy is beyond me. I'd be out of my depth." Ruel said, "They're like a pair of jealous teenagers." Eva said, "That's putting it mildly." I told her. Then we started to see a village below us in an open field, "Hey, look over there. Great it's a village. Perfect timing to do some shopping." Amalia said, "Wow! What a place! Come on!" Yugo said excitedly. "Yeah, but for how long? This valley won't escape Ogrest's chaos for much longer. And how will the people survive when they have no more land to cultivate?" Eva asked, "Ha-ha-ha! Well, they'll just have to steal, won't they? Then they'll become outlaws, and then Ruel Stroud will pick them up one by one for a nice reward." Ruel said. "All he ever thinks about is getting rich off of other people's misery." Dally said, "Guys, are we going? Or are we just going to argue here all day?" Amalia asked. "The youth of today. Don't even know what an honest day's work is." Ruel said as we got closer to the village and I was sensing some low energy levels from the entire village but even with my eyes I couldn't locate where the energy levels were coming from. "Huh? Don't tell me there's no one in the village." Amalia said, "I can sense energy levels all over the place, but I can't seem to find out where it's all coming from." I said, "But there are monsters here. I can taste the trouble." Dally said trying to be cool but ending up not being cool. "You are one strange Iop, you know that?" I said, then an api rolled over and Dally picked it up.

Dally's POV:
"You are one strange Iop, you know that?" Dragowolf said, then an api rolled over and I picked it up, "An api. What on Earth?" I said, "I bet it's a bad api. Or perhaps a demon in disguise! Now, you said Iops were never afraid of anything, right?" Yugo asked, "You're mixing up fear and foresight. A true Iop always stays ahead." I said, "Or end up losing theirs." Dragowolf said, "What a noble hero." Eva said sarcasticedly, "Yeah, more like a noble zero, you mean." Amalia said. "Nothing but apis and arachnees. By my shovel, we're hardly going to make a fortune here then, are we?" Ruel asked, "You have a one track mind when it comes to money." Dragowolf said as he just sat down in the shadows. While we were talking Az, Yugo's tofu bird flew towards a barrel and then screamed, "Az!" Yugo shouted, we all went over to the barrel, and I saw something, "Ah, see? See? Are you telling me that's not a monster?" I asked and the small critter ran away, "He ran away, the coward." I added, "Maybe he's afraid that Dally will challenge him to a duel." Ruel said modcking iop sycology, "It's Sir Percedal to you." I said to him.

Yugo's POV:
I walked over to Az and picked him up, "Oh, Az. Wake up little tofu! Come on, chirp something." I said and sure enough Az opened his eyes and I knew he would be alright. Then we heard crashing and we saw bulls running around. "Yeah, I'm so happy we came here guys." One of them said, "There are the apis! We're gonna turn 'em rotten, then we gonna suck the little worms." another said, "Snack time!" said another bull, "On toast!" another bull said, "Oh, yeah, and with crunchy potatoes." A fourth one said. "Hey, who do these guys think they are?" I asked, "Cool it, Yugo. I'm sure this is some kind of local custom. They must be regulars of the inn." Ruel said, "You would think that." Red said, "Yeah, it looks like their first visit to me." Eva said, "And so at home with apis. What a bunch of idiots." Amalia said, "And they're ignoring us, too. I can't believe it. The villagers must have spent weeks collecting all of those apis. Hey! Put that down!" I said and started running towards the bulls. "About time." I heard Red said as he got up from the shadows. Then the bull slammed his foot down sending me flying backwards, "Hey, Pee-wee. Make sure you don't fall on our apis!" one of the bulls said, "I knew there were monsters around here." Dally said. "The little runt is insulting us." The bull said, "Oh, here comes round two." Ruel said.