Chapter 5: The Ugly Tower

Narrator's POV:
Welcome back adventurers to the world of Wakfu. We last left our heroes on the way to Oma Island and found out that Red has even more power than even he knew about. Nonetheless, our heroes are in the middle of a forest now and are trying to get to the next village or port to take them to Oma Island. Also, before we begin the incredible thing that happened in the last chapter was Red getting piece of a sword that he must find the shards to.

Red's POV:
We've been walking for a while now and haven't seen a single village or port ever since my friends and I discovered more about my powers. That legend still going through my mind 'Lost and alone, to be free of darkness one must seek the light.' It was a nursery rhyme that my mother used to tell me to help me fall asleep. And I kept looking at the sword hilt that appeared in my hands after the sheath turned silver and black details appeared as well. "I can't believe we are lost." Eva said breaking me from my train of thought, "Yugo ask the map how far off we are." Amalia said, "Okay, oh most wonderful map, most intelligent map, how far are we from Oma Island?" Yugo asked, "Like I'd tell you. That iop head hasn't stopped insulting me." The map said, "Well there you go. It's your entire fault Dally." Eva said, "I wonder who this wonderful scent belongs too." Dally said as he held a handkerchief in his hand and started looking where it came from. "Help, help, oh won't a valiant knight save me from this dreadful tower." A voice said and I noticed a tower that was surrounded by a stone wall but something felt off, but before I said anything Dally went running to save the 'princess'. "We better go after him." I said, and the others agreed so we went after Dally and Amalia stopped and used her Sadida magic to move some flora from some signs, "Hey, look what I found. Some pretty pictures but they are all in gibberish." Amalia said, "It's not gibberish, it's in Osamodas." Eva said, "So, what's it say?" Yugo asked, "Beware of the tower. Very grave risk of death. Don't ever enter the haunted tower." Eva said and we all tried to get Dally away from the tower but it was too late. "Scrap, there are four people inside but their energy is all wacky. Dally is in there along with Rubilax. Also, some kind of hopping frog, there are a lot of those." I said as I used my eyes to see the energy of the tower. "Well, let's go get Dally back." Yugo said and we all walked over to the gate and I felt some powerful energy surrounding the gate so I stopped and Amalia saw that I stopped, "What's wrong Red?" Amalia asked me, "That gate has a powerful energy surrounding it. Not like anything I've seen before." I said as I looked at the gate and the tower. "You go on ahead with the others. I'll catch up with you later." I said as I focused my energy and I melted into the shadows of the trees and started heading for the tower.

Evangeline's POV:
I noticed Amalia was still in the shadows of the trees and I didn't see Red anymore, "Amalia, hurry up." I said and she caught up with the rest of us. "Sorry, Red is checking out the tower from the inside already." Amalia said, "How did he get in?" I asked, "He melted into the shadows." Amalia said. That explained absolutely nothing about how Red got inside the tower then a piece of the gate moved and a small creature came out and began circling us. "I think it's checking us out." I pointed out and once it went back into the gate nothing happened. "Well that was a waste of time." Amalia said, then a shadowy figure appeared from the shade and walked out and it was Red, "Red, don't do that." I said as I had my bow drawn to attack whoever was approaching us, "Sorry, anyway that gate won't let any of you in because I found out that this tower used to be a castle with four princesses who were cursed by Osamodas himself after they called him a Bwork. Also, they want to kiss Dally in order to return to normal." Red said, but when he said that last part I felt something that I've never felt before. "One more thing, the gate will attack us in three, two, one." Red counted and true to his word a giant metal and stone guardian appeared and I shot an explosive arrow at it. Debris started falling down but it never hit us because Red surrounded us with an energy barrier like he did before. "Told you so, also, the gate will only let ugly princesses in. But for me I can just travel using the shadows." Red said as he helped get us out of danger and into a clearing just a few minutes from the tower. "So, now what do we do? The gate won't let anyone except ugly princesses in." Ruel said, "Wait, it allows ugly princesses in right? So, all we have to do is dress up as ugly princesses." Yugo said. "That might work, but wouldn't having Red use his shadow powers to get us inside be more effective?" I asked, "I can't travel with others through the shadows." Red said as he made a point by taking Ruel and walking into the shadows under a tree and Ruel walked into the tree while Red just melted into the shadows. "Well, dressing up as ugly princesses is our only plan." I said.