7: "how hot shawn mendes is"

~•~Elena's POV~•~

I woke up Friday morning and instantly thought of Alex. Last night was actually fun. Like, we could actually be friends. I check my phone and see that I have a text from him. My heart flutters a little when I see his name. Wait. Why did it do that. Anyway, I open the notification.

Alex: good job last night, if they didn't believe we were a couple then, they definitely do now 😂

My heart sinks and I sigh. Why am I disappointed? People are believing us and I'm gonna get my money. That's all that matters. I reply with a thumbs up emoji.

I pull myself out of bed and walk downstairs into the kitchen. Both of my parents have work on Saturday and Kate is at a friends house, so I have the place to myself. I text Jo and Caleb and ask them to come over. I pour myself a bowl of cereal and sit down at the table to wait for my friends. In the meantime, I play a few rounds of Aquapark.io and laugh to myself. This game is so easy, yet so entertaining. Once I'm done with my cereal, I go up to my room and get dressed. I put on a black cropped tank top, blue high waisted skinny jeans, and black vans. That's when I hear the doorbell ring and I go downstairs to answer it.

Once Jo and Caleb are situated on my bed, Jo instantly starts talking about how hot Shawn Mendes is. I guess she saw a picture he posted on Instagram or something. She's a super fan. Caleb rolls his eyes.

"You really have high standards in guys don't you?" He asks.

"Oh, you're just mad cause you're in love with me." Jo laughs. Caleb looks directly at me with panic in his eyes. I shrug at Caleb and look back at Jo, who's looking back and forth between me and Caleb.

"Guys, it was a joke. We all know Caleb isn't in love with me." She laughs and looks back to her phone. Caleb lets out a sigh of relief.

Anyway," Caleb changes the subject quickly, "How did it go with Alex last night?"

"Actually really well. At dinner we started laughing really hard about babies on a waterslide..." I chuckle thinking about it. Caleb gives me a confused look. "Never mind, that's not important. But this morning he texted me like it was all an act. Which I guess makes sense."

"Wait... are you starting to like him?!" Jo exclaims.

"No! No no no definitely not." I wave my hands back and forth.

"Cause if you are, I don't really care. I'm gonna end up with Shawn anyway."

"Okay Jo..." I say as I pick up my phone. I see "1 new text from Alex"

Alex: Party at Jacobs tonight. I'll pick you up at 9.

me: not really a party girl. plus my curfew is 11

Alex: i can get you home by 11. you have to go, you're my girlfriend.

I look up at Jo and Caleb and tell them the situation.

"You have to go! Jacobs family literally has a mansion, he has the coolest parties!" Jo exclaims. I think for a few seconds.

"I'll only go if you guys go." I say.

"Absolutely not." Caleb shakes his head.

"Okay, Jo."

"Fine. But you have to ask Alex if I can come first."

me: can I bring jo?

Alex: sure

me: see you at 9

I'm barely able to send the text before Jo drags me to my closet to pick an outfit.

A/N
im on my way to family photos on the beach with a weird outfit. also it's my last day on vacation. :( once I get back I have to start on my summer homework and stuff and I'm not looking forward to it. anyway, thanks for listening to my rant that you probably don't care about.
-m <3