16: "facebook status to its complicated"

~•~Alex's POV~•~

I kissed her.

That was the first thought in my mind when I woke up Monday morning. I still wasn't sure that it was even real. I wasn't planning to make any moves or anything. I was just gonna go to this concert with her because she wanted me to. But when Shawn Mendes said to make a move, I just did it. Out of nowhere. I wonder what's gonna happen between me and Elena now.

Aiden and I get in the car and I start to drive towards her house. When we pull up, Elena walks out of the house wearing a black pleated skirt with a school spirit t-shirt. She basically wears the same stuff every day and yet today something about her seems different. She's more confident. And happier. She gets in, smiles at me, and gives me a small "hi" as she looks down.

"Hey." I respond. I start the car and drive to the school. We don't talk during the drive. I guess neither of us know what to say. That's pretty much how the whole day goes. I don't know what our relationship is right now. Are we a thing? Am I supposed to be holding her hand or something? I don't really know. And I don't think Elena does either. I decide that we should probably spend some more time together outside of school. In seventh hour I sit down next to her.

"You wanna come over for dinner tonight? My mom is making lasagna."

"Sure, I just need to see if my mom can take me."

"Still haven't gotten that car?"

"Well... I've been thinking, and I don't wanna take the money. That you gave me for... this. It just doesn't feel right."

"No, take it. I want you to get a car, you've been saving up for so long now."

"Ok, but I don't need your money to do it." She smiles and puts her hand on mine before looking around and quickly pulling it back.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

At my house, we sat down for dinner with my mom and Aiden. We were eating chicken and rice. As we are eating, my mom breaks the silence.

"So you guys should have just hit your
month-iversary! That's exciting!"

"Oh, uh, yeah." I say, glancing at Elena. She smiles and nods normally. I, on the other hand, am still confused. We fake dated but everyone, including my mom, think we've been dating this whole time. Then people at school thought we broke up. Because we did. But then we kissed. So... I'm not sure where we stand.

After dinner, my mom starts to clean up and makes Aiden help her. I sit down on the couch and stare off into space for a few second before Elena plops down onto the couch next to me, smiling.

"Your family is so nice." She says.

"Yeah..." She realizes that something is wrong.

"Hey, what's up? Why are you upset?"

"I'm not upset, I'm just confused."

"Confused... about what?" She starts to look concerned.

"I just... what do we do now? We were fake dating, then we broke up, then at the concert-"

I was interrupted by Elena placing her hands on the sides of my head and kissing me. She pulls back and laughs.

"Just chill out! We will figure it out, I promise. In the meantime, change your Facebook status to it's complicated."

"I don't have Facebook."

"Me neither."

We both laugh and I relax. She's right. I just need to go with the flow. Ew. I hate that I just thought that.

"Sorry, the last real relationship I was in was in eighth grade and I asked her out with a note in class."

"Let's not forget the fact that that's how you asked me out a month ago."

"True... but it didn't work."

"Cause we aren't in eight grade anymore."

"Sadly."

"Really? I hated eight grade."

"Eighth grade was the best year of my life."

"Can't relate."

Her dad texted her that he was at my house to pick her up and she got up from the couch. We walked over to my door and I leaned in to give her another kiss. After she leaves, I've made my decision.

I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

A/N
ughhhh this chapter sUCKS.

im really struggling with this story rn but at least I updated!

also I didn't proofread so sorry if there's any mistakes.
                                                   -m<3
ps. 8th grade was totally the best year of my life