12: "your idiotic friends"

~•~Alex's POV~•~

2 days later, it's November 28th. Me and Elena have been together for a month now. Elena gets into my car and sits quietly. We both know what today means. We "break up" today.

"So... should we talk about this or what?" I ask. She looks at me, then back at Aiden, who is completely oblivious with his AirPods in his ears.

"Uh... yeah ok."

"Well uh, I think we make it pretty chill. Like I just broke up with you because-"

"You broke up with me?"

"Yeah, I'm the one that made the bet in the first place!"

"I have much more of a reason to have broken up with you!"

"Really? Like what?!"

"Like your idiotic friends, for starters."

"Ok yeah I'll tell my friends that you broke up with me because of them that will make them love you."

"Believe it or not, I really don't care if your friends love me or not." We pull into the school parking lot and I look back at Aiden, who's sitting in the backseat with wide eyes. He quickly opens the door and walks into the school. I sigh.

"Ok, look. If anyone asks, we will just tell everyone that it was a... mutual breakup. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Also... am I still gonna drive you to school? Cause I can and I know you hate the bus."

"Uh... yeah. I guess."

"Well um... see you around then."

"Yeah... see you around." Elena gets out of the car and starts walking into school. I watch her step through the doors before I get out.

When I get to my locker, none of my friends seemed concerned about Elena not being with me, considering she never comes with me to my locker anyway. The bell rings and I walk to chemistry. My heart beats a little faster knowing I have to see Elena and act like we're broken up.

Once we are in class, nobody asks me any questions about Elena. Maybe they noticed but they don't care. I wouldn't put it past them.

I sat in the back of the class with my friends and couldn't stop staring at her. Every once in awhile she would turn around to look at me and I would quickly look at the board. I just feel like something is missing. Like the breakup wasn't supposed to happen, even though we weren't ever dating in the first place.

She looks back again, and this time stares for some time, at what I thought was me. But when I put my focus back on her, I see that she isn't looking at me.
My mind flies back to a month ago when we started this whole thing and I asked her if she had a crush. She never told me who. But now I have a feeling she's looking right at him.

Peter Parkison.

A/N
ok I'm ending this chapter at a whopping 452 words because I need to switch the POV 😬 oops ok #shortchapter 🤪🤪