11: "what happened at football camp"

A/N
ngl part of this chapter was a little bit inspired by a chapter in jojop1221 's Ghost Boy and I cant not give credit cause I know she's gonna read this 🤭ok anyway enjoy :)
                                                               -m<3

~•~Elena's POV~•~
Over the next few weeks, not much changed. We continued to act like we were dating at school and rarely talked outside of school. About 4 days before our fake relationship was planned to end, I was about to go to bed when I got a text from Alex.

Alex: jacob is having a friendsgiving party tuesday night. wanna come?

me: another one of Jacobs parties? i'll pass.

Alex: come on, my friends are used to you now, plus it will be a lot more chill this time, only like 20 people. it's the last party before we break up! live a little!

me: ...fine. but I'm bringing jo again. and Caleb.

Alex: pick you up at 9

I put my phone down and plop my head onto my pillow. I am not looking forward to this.

~•~November 26th, 2 days later~•~
Alex, Caleb, Jo and I walk into Jacob's mansion on Tuesday night. It took some major convincing to get Caleb to come, but after reminding him that if he didn't go, Jo would be flirting with other guys all night, he gave in. We walk into the kitchen to get drinks. Alex gets coke, I get water, Jo and Caleb get beer. Jo and Caleb go into the dining room and sit down while me and Alex stay and talk for awhile in the kitchen. Occasionally, Jo and Caleb would come back into the kitchen to get refills, more drunk each time.

About an hour into our conversation, Alex was complaining about another guy on the football team when Jacob walked into the kitchen.

"Hey man, come join us! We are telling the story about when you...," he looked at me," uhh, football camp."

"Yeah, I'll be right there." Alex said laughing. "I hope you don't mind if I go."

"No, it's cool. But what happened at football camp?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Uhh that's top secret information." He says, getting out of his chair and moving towards the door. "Just come get me when you wanna leave, okay?"

"Okay." I get up and walk into the dining room to find Jo and Caleb. When I get in there, they aren't sitting at the table where they were before. I look around until I see them.

In the corner.

Making out.

My jaw drops as I see my two best friends in the corner kissing. Caleb must be having the time of his life. Jo must be really drunk. I decide to leave them alone, but I should probably supervise to make sure... nothing else happens. I sit down at the large, fancy dining room table and pull out my phone. I scroll through Instagram for a few minutes before someone calls my name.

"Elena!" Its Steven. And he looks really drunk. That can't be good. I look down and hope that he goes away. He doesn't. "Hey, what's up. You look lonely. I can fix that." He says, leaning on the chair next to me and winking.

"Uh... no thanks." I say as I get up to get away. He grabs my arm.

"No, just come upstairs."

"No, Steven-" I try to pry myself out of his grip but he's strong. He pulls me through the dining room. But before he can get to the stairs, he's hit in the face by someone's fist and falls onto the floor.

"She said no." I look up to see Alex standing there, practically with smoke coming out of his ears. I rub my arm. There was a red mark where Steven grabbed it. Alex looks at me.

"Are you okay??" He grabs my hands.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" He looks really concerned. My stomach fills with butterflies.

"Alex, I'm okay." I assure him.

"Let's go." He lets go of my left hand and starts to lead me towards the front door but I stop him.

"We have to get Jo and Caleb."

"Where are they?" I point towards the corner where they're still all over each other. Alex raises his eyebrows.

"Ah."

When we finally get Jo and Caleb in the backseat of Alex's car, I buckle up my seatbelt and lean back.

"For the record, I'm never making you come to another party again. You don't have the best luck."

"Or Steven is just a jerk."

"Or that." Our conversation is interrupted by Jo giggling. We look back to see Jo and Caleb kissing again. Alex starts to drive out of the neighborhood. The car was completely silent except for the sound of Jo and Caleb.

"Ok we need music." I blurt out.

"Agreed." Alex says, relived. He passed me his phone and tells me to pick something out. I smile and search He Could Be The One by Hannah Montana. I've had it stuck in my head all day. The song starts, and to my surprise, Alex knew every word.

"How do you know this?!"

"I have an older sister who's in college now. I was forced to watch this show all the time."

I laugh and watch as he sings the lyrics.

he could be the one

A/N
what are we thinking about Jo and Caleb tho? 👀

sry it's taking me long to update I'm not very focused lately 🤷🏻‍♀️

                                                            -m <3