01 - See you next week?

Hi, Coffee Guy,

It was nice seeing you again after a couple of months. Sa totoo lang, akala ko hindi na kita makikita ulit kaya nagulat ako nang makita kita kanina. 

"Aloysius, huh?" I muttered while letting your name sink in my mind.

Ang tagal na nating nag-uusap pero ngayon ko lang nalaman ang pangalan mo. But it also felt strange when we finally introduced ourselves to each other. Pakiramdam ko, naging ibang tao ka bigla.

Ininom ko ang kapeng in-order ko at naalala ko ang nangyari noong mga nakaraang buwan. I was suddenly reminded of our first meeting. That was also the first time I cried hard after quelling my emotions for so long. You were the only person besides my mother who had seen me crying.

Looking back, I realized you were a huge part of what I had become.

When I was struggling by myself, you showed up and helped me a lot. You were that little push I needed to finally move forward. And I'm glad I met you.

Even though we were strangers, your words had more impact than I imagined.

Actually, something was strange with me these past few weeks. I became curious about you after what you did for me.

At first, I just I wanted to say thank you. But after meeting you again after a long time a while ago, my curiosity grew deeper.

I wanted to talk to you.

I wanted to know more about you.

I wanted to be friends with you.

But I got scared.

I was reminded of what had happened between me and him even though the situations weren't the same. I had already built a stronger fortress to protect my heart from pain after what I went through but I'm still worried. The same thing that I am trying to protect might betray me later on.

Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako at nag-focus na lang sa kapeng iniinom ko.

Next week, huh?

I can't believe I'm looking forward to meeting you again, coffee guy.

Ah. Right. Your name is Aloysius.

Bigla naman akong napangiti. "You really have an unforgettable name," I muttered.

See you next week, coffee guy.

Feeling strange,

W.

***