5)Dixie Princess

I was walking out to Dean's car after school when Dixie ran up to me, "hey, Kennedy, my aunt won't be home until six and I don't feel like sitting alone for four hours. Could I come over? or maybe we could go hang out? or whatever..."

I smiled at her, "Yeah, for sure. My dad is right over there."

After introducing him to Dixie I smacked his arm, something I did when I had something important to say. "Dad, you'll never guess who talked to me today." He gestured for me to continue. "Steven Crowley."

He spun around and looked at me sternly. "Kennedy Alexis Novak Winchester. I swear to Buddha if you punched that boy again."

"I didn't. He apologized."

"Apologized for..." he looked back at Dixie then gave me a pointed look. He was asking if Steven apologized for his cousins actions.

"No, he apologized for the things he said to me before his cousin did all that."

Dean nodded, "well, that's good." We pulled up in front of the house and I started to get out. "You should tell Cas about that."

I led Dixie into the house and called out for my dad and he called back that he was in the kitchen.

"Dad?" Dixie asked, confused.

"Yeah, come meet my dad."

"I thought I already-" I cut her off by pulling her into the kitchen and introducing her to Cas.

She looked confused up until Dean walked in and kissed Cas on the cheek. "Ohhh," she got it. "Two dads. Cool."

I relayed my story about Steven to Cas and then Dixie and I went up to my room. Cindy was still laying on my bed sleeping. I dropped my French book loudly on the hard wood floor and she woke up with a jump.

"Good morning starshine, the earth says 'hello,'" I patted her head and she flipped me off.

Cindy told us she was going back to sleep so I asked Dixie if she wanted to walk down and get ice cream instead of sitting around at my house. After everything with him I decided to sell my car. It wasn't like I ever used it anyway.

She agreed so I grabbed my wallet, yelled to my parents that we were going out, and walked out. The walk over there was spent in silence but when we got our ice cream and sat down she spoke up, "so, how did you end up with your dads?"

I flinched a little but it didn't seem like she noticed it, "my mom was young and her parents wouldn't let her keep me so I got put up for adoption. The first foster home I was with for four years but it didn't work out so they took me out and gave me to Cas and Dean."

Dixie nodded and picked at her ice cream. I noticed her playing with her Monroe piercing. "Ya know... I kinda like you."

I chuckled, "we kinda just met."

She looked up at me with a smirk. "Lesbians are famous for rushing into relationships."

"But I'm not a lesbian," she looked disappointed so I reassured her. "I'm pansexual. but relationships aren't something I want. I went through a lot year before last..."

"A lot of what?" I shook my head. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me now."

"I just don't think I believe in love other than what my family has for me... Romantic love hasn't worked out very well..." I was looking down at my ice cream. I hadn't eaten any of it and it just sat there melting.

"Well, I can fix that."