18)Gobble Gobble

Yay, guys, thanksgiving ! It's my first thanksgiving with my stepsister so I'm ecstatic for this. And it also falls on my sister's birthday this year so that's even better. Ugh, she's turning thirteen. She's so big now and it makes me emotional. And having my stepsister finally be part of the family also makes me emotional. I'm going to be an emotional mess all day. Gah. But enough about me ! What are your guys' plans ?

"Dude. I'm terrified." I said as I finished curling my hair.

"Don't be. It's just all of my family. Except for my mother... for some odd reason she doesn't want to be around me..." Dixie chuckled.

Her aunt was throwing a big thanksgiving party and her whole family was going to be there. And she had invited me. I had to meet her family. And we had to explain our relationship. Oh, joy.

I looked down at my green sweater dress and white shoes. "Do I look too Christmasy?" I asked.

Dixie pursed her lips and looked over at me. "Nah, you look fine." she fixed the buttons on her shirt. "We should get going." She kissed my cheek then led me out of the room.

Cas took pictures of us as we made our way down the stairs. "Awe! You guys look so adorable. Look at this, Dean!" I blushed and playfully pushed my dad. We said goodbye and then got into Dixie's car.

She didn't live far from me so the car ride was shorter than I wished it could've been. "Ya ready?" She asked and squeezed my hand before we got out.

As soon as she opened the door I heard a child yell, "D's here!" It surprised me that these kids would be so excited to have me here but realized they weren't talking to me when four small demons attacked Dixie.

Dixie pushed them all off of her and then gestured to me. "Hey, kids. This is my buddy, Kennedy. Babe, this is Nicki, Tomi, Mick, and Vince." she said as she gestured to the kids from oldest to youngest. The oldest looked about ten and the youngest about four.

"Do you love each other?" Tomi asked. She looked about eight and had a cute short hair cut.

Dixie looked at me and I shrugged. "You could say that."

Mick, who looked about six, stuck his tongue out. "Ew!"

"What's wrong with that?" Nicki shouted and put her hands on her hips.

"Kennedy is pretty!" Vince shouted back.

"Yeah," Mick continued. "And D is, well, D."

Dixie smack him upside his head and the four of the kids ran away. I laughed, "so, they call you D?"

Dixie nodded. "That's not going to at all confusing for you. Right, Dee?" We both laughed and then she led me into the kitchen. I took a deep breath and prepared myself to meet everyone.

***

"Can I stay over tonight?" Dixie asked as we pulled up in front of my house.

I nodded and smiled at her. I leaned in and kissed her lips. "I had a great time tonight. Thank you for having me meet your family."

"You're welcome, love. They all really liked you."

"Maybe next time.. we could introduce me as your... girlfriend?" I smiled shyly at her. She attacked me with a hug and began peppering me with kisses.