Chapter 3 🌸

Mike pov:

After mom had dropped Will off home, I laid down in my bed and thought about everything again. Last night was the best night of my life, it was better than anything I had with the boys. Maybe I should call the dare off and have nothing to do with Will after that, I wouldn't be able to face him.

I called Dustin over to talk about it, he understood everything.
Dustin sat down on my couch and stared at me pacing up and down my basement.

"Mike, sit down and tell me what's wrong" he grabbed my hand firmly and led me towards the couch. "What happened last night?"

I was silent for a few minutes, contemplating but I ended up telling him anyway. Dustin sat and listened as I spoke, nodding his head occasionally to indicate he was listening and taking it all in.

"Sounds like you had a great night. What's the problem?" he asked confused.

"I felt a connection, Dustin. I felt something and I couldn't explain it."

"I think you're starting to discover something about yourself you never knew existed."

"Do you think I'm gay?"

"I don't know, that's for you to decide. If you're really that worried about continuing this dare, then tell Lucas. I'm sure he will understand" he smiled.

I hugged Dustin and he left the house, leaving me to my thoughts again.

...

Lucas did not take it well.

"Dare is a dare Michael" he protested. "You agreed to it, you do it."

"Lucas, I don't want to hurt him!" I argued back.

"Maybe you should have thought about it before agreeing to it. You have a month and one week left, the money is shouting." he stormed off without another word.

I'm so selfish, I want that money for something special. But the only way to get it, is through hurting someone close.

.

A couple of days went by and Will and I were hanging out a lot. It was really fun, we laughed, his tiny voice became louder and his smile became bigger.
I even took him to the carnival. He loved it, I had never seen someone brighten up as much as he did that night. It was so beautiful and I was glad we was friends.

We were on the ferries wheel, right at the top. You could see everyone enjoying their time there, children shouted and laughed as they won their favourite Teddy, the smell of cotton candy filled our noses and lots of joy. I could stay there forever, with Will.

Suddenly, a jolt. We heard the worker from down below shout that the ride had broken down and it won't be running for a while.
I mean, we were glad it had broke down, it meant we could enjoy the view more.

It was silent for while.
"It's beautiful isn't it, Micheal?" Will calmy said.

"It is yes. I've always loved the carnival."

He turned around and smiled as he held up his teddy he won on hook a duck. "Thank you for bringing me here, my mom could never afford it."

"I'm glad I was the one to take you." I grinned. He shuffled his way closer to me for warmth and put his head on my chest.

I put my arm around him for comfort and stroked his bowl cut hair, feeling him snuggle closer each time. I lifted his head up to face me. The flashing lights of the wheel brightly lit up his best features. We stared at each other for a while before we both leaned in at the same time.

Very cliche, but it honestly felt like fireworks were going off. His soft lips touched mine as we closed in more. I put my hand around his waist and pulled him further, his hand cupped around my face as our kiss deepened.
Soon the ride started moving, so we let go and giggled all the way down to the bottom. I thought my first kiss with a boy would be the worse thing ever, but it was truly the best.

At the bottom, we got out and held hands while Will carried his teddy in his other. We made our way over to the cotton candy bit, paying for some and sitting down on a near by bench which was secluded.

"This cotton candy is so good!" he exclaimed. "And so was that kiss" he whispered after.

"Was that your first time with a boy?" I asked, curiously.

"Yeah, you?" I nodded. "Are you gay?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, are you?" he also shrugged.

"Maybe we need to experiment more then" he joked, I thought he was half serious.

"I think we should." I smiled and brought him to my lap. Cotton candy long forgotten about as Will wrapped his arms around my neck.

...

"Do you want to meet my friends properly?" I asked suddenly.

We was sat together in the basement, him on my lap cuddled up to me as we listened to music quietly. It had been nearly a month it all started, I thought it would be great for Lucas to see my progress.

" Are you sure? I don't want to embarrass you" he pulled away to look at me.

"Why would you embarrass me? You're my perfect little Will."

"Okay, I will. It's Lucas and Dustin, right?"

"Yeah, you've been introduced before when you first went into our science. But you'll be properly meeting them" I beamed.

"Do they know anything about what we've done together?"

"No, of course not. Just between you and I" LIES.

"Oh, that's okay then. I don't want many people knowing about us if that's okay? Well, until I've figured everything out."

"That's totally okay, I don't really want anyone finding out either" LIES.

...

The next day, Will followed me into the lunch area and to where my friends are. Lucas beamed, knowing he will be getting detailed in later on. Dustin was happy that I seemed to have figured something out.

"Hey guys, this is William. Will, this is Lucas and this is Dustin. You've met before"

Each boy said hi to each other. Will sat down next to me and looked extremely uncomfortable, I put my hand on top of his thigh for comfort to which he relaxed in to.

"So how long have you two been friends for?" Lucas asked, trying to play it cool.

"Nearly a month, haven't we?" I looked at Will, he nodded. "It's been great so far."

"How come you've never come to sit with us, Will?" asked Dustin.

"I just never really know where to start. I'm a bit awkward." he nervously laughed.

"Well how about- to welcome you into our group, we play DnD at Lucas' tonight?" Dustin offered.

"Yeah that's a great idea. Come along Will!" Lucas exclaimed, delighted.

We agreed to play DnD tonight, I was excited to show off my story skills for Will, He loved DnD.
As Will and Dustin started a conversation between themselves, Lucas stared at me.

" Well done" he mouthed as he winked.
I slowly felt more guilty each time.