Chapter 5 🏵️

Sorry for not updating, didn't expect many people to like and read this book. Thanks again. ❤️

Will's pov:

Darkness. Nothing but the sounds of running water dripping. I didn't know where I was or how I got here, I just knew I had woken up in a tunnel, covered in dirt.

I couldn't really see anything, everything was so dark and mysterious. But luckily, I walked on further down this tunnel and to a light source.
I ran towards it, excited that I could escape this place. But as I ran closer to the light, the more I realised it wasn't an opening and that it was in fact a huge grate.

I was stuck here, without knowing where I was. Waking up in muddy tunnel and a squeak here and there of a rat was not how I had planned my morning. I wondered what Mike and his friends were doing. I made my way elsewhere, I went a different direction to see if there was another way out, but to my dismay, there was not. I was officially trapped and not one person could save me, they didn't even know I was there.

Sitting back in the same place I woke up, it was silent. Only a little scurry of rats or water dripping or the sound of my own tears echoing. That was until I heard loud foot steps walking on the concrete floor, it sounded as if they were wearing heeled shoes. I stayed quiet as a mouse, hoping someone was here to save me.

I never looked up once when I heard the footsteps stop at the end of the tunnel. But the one time I did, the sound started again and this time, it stopped right in front of me. Heavy breathing from either me or the mysterious thing echoed, well it couldn't be me, I didn't even know if I was breathing anymore. Eyes shut, mouth closed and head down, I made no other noise or even took a peek.

The footsteps decided to leave in front of me and walked back down to the end of the tunnel where the light was. I glanced a little bit only to see a toy sitting in front of me. It was sweet, a little brown bear. I picked it up with a smile, then remembering how the fuck it got there in the first place.
I accidentally pressed it and the bear made a noise, I threw the Teddy far away from me and stood up staring at it. Too busy concentrating on the Teddy that I hadn't realised the creature with the footsteps was stood in front of me.

Carefully, I looked up at this thing and all I could see was red and white as my vision became blurry. I felt myself grow dizzy and fell to the ground with a bang, I looked up at this entity once more because I knew that was the last thing I was going to see before I die.

...

Mike's pov:

After school, I collected the boys and made them go in to my basement. I was completely terrified knowing something had happened to him, I didn't know what to do. All I could think about was Will, not the stupid dare.

"His bikes gone" I told them. "His bed is made" I started shaking. "He's gone. He's not home".

"He couldn't have gone far Mike, he's probably hanging out at the park or something" Lucas suggested with a smile.

"Lucas, it's not the time for smiling or anything. Mike's thoroughly worried about him!" Dustin exclaimed. "Mike, we're going to find him. Don't you worry."

"He's gone"

"We get it. Where do you think he would be?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know, I don't know much about him remember! I know he built a Fort thing in the woods, maybe he's there" we grabbed our coats and our bikes and rode off towards the forest, flashlights beaming ahead.

Half way through the woods, I had not found a single sign of Will nor his Fort. "Maybe we should go home! " Lucas said loudly.

"We'll look for him tomorrow, it's hard to see in the rain Mike!" Dustin agreed. "And my stupid flashlights dead!"

"We can't give up now! What if he's hurt?"

"Then we will find him hurt tomorrow, come on!" Lucas yelled.

I stood for a second and thought about it. We couldn't see properly and it was hard hearing the boys through the rain and thunder, maybe we should come back tomorrow when it's better weather. I picked up my bike from the floor and was about to walk towards the boys when something strange caught my eye. I spun around and caught a glimpse of this human running past me, they had a yellow shirt on but no shoes or bottoms, their head was shaved and had a worried expression on their face.

"Wait!" I shouted at this human.

I walked closer, expecting them to run away, but they didn't. They stayed put, obviously terrified like a deer in the headlights.

As I got closer and up in the face of this human, you could instantly tell it was a young girl around our age. Her eyes were huge and the lightning made her eyes shine a bright blue. Her face crumpled up in fear, her arms folded across her body and her feet smashed into the ground. The boys came over and followed their eyes to the girl in front of me.

"Who's that?" Dustin asked.

"Who knows. Maybe she knows Will?" I replied. "What is your name?!"

Her expression changed from scared to absolutely mortified. "You're scaring her!" Dustin shouts at me.

"Maybe we should take her back to mine in the warmth, then find out!" I told the boys. Lucas disagreed.

"She could be a spy?! She could be a murderer?!" he started to protest.

"She's a terrified young girl Lucas. What harm could she do?" I said annoyed.

More harm than we thought she was capable off apparently.

...

We got her to my basement, a change of clothes, some food and a bed. Now she was sat in front of us with whipped cream all over her face, her eyebrows knitted, staring at us. She had not said a word to anyone yet, we didn't even know if she spoke English.

"Maybe she's Russian?" Lucas said out of the blue.

"No Lucas, I doubt it" I replied again, with an annoyed tone.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be worried and finding where Will is instead of bringing a strange Russian into your home!" once again he protested. "What's her name?"

"I don't know!" I turned to the girl with a confused look. She opened her mouth then closed it.

I then saw a mark on her arm, I grabbed it but she pulled back quickly. I saw the name on her arm written in red.

Bev.