Chapter 4 💮

A short one. Sorry.

Mike pov:

We were all sat in Lucas' room getting ready to play DnD. Will looked very nervous, he had never had this many friends before, he was always a loner (and still is).

I gave him a look of comfort and felt him ease really quickly, he still hadn't come out of his shell and was still a quiet mouse.
Probably because Dustin's loud mouth intimidated him.

Anyway, it was all set up, I started the story off like usual.
It was a great story, I'm the best at it. Will was impressed anyway.
To end the story off,
"The demogorgon got you, what do you do?!" I shouted at Will.

"Fireball!!" Will threw the dice and waited for it to roll a 13 or higher, but he got a 7. "Too bad"

"You did well, Will." I told him, he gave me a small smile. "We should be heading home, it's late."

"So should I. I'll see you all tomorrow, bye Will!" Dustin shouted once he grabbed his bike.

Will and I grabbed our bikes and started heading towards Will's house. This would be my first time at his.

..

We got off our bikes and raced to his door, it had started to pour it down with rain which we was unfortunately caught up in. We rushed in and was wrapped in warmth. His mother, Joyce, sat watching TV as his older brother, Jonathan, stood at the kitchen counter.

"Hey mom, this is Mike" she introduced me to his mom.

"Hi Mike. Do you boys want a drink?"

We both said no and retreated to Will's room. It was small, covered in drawings he had made, a single bed and a tape recorder. It was rather homey.

"Sorry about the mess" he complained. There was none, he was always a neat freak.

"You did great today. It's a shame the demogorgon got you" I laughed.

"Well, it was my first time playing it! Thank you for letting me join your group, it has been nice." he yawned.

"You should sleep now, I will see you at school tomorrow." I waited until he got into bed. I kissed his forehead and once I moved, he whimpered for my touch again.

I got back on my bike and was on my home, the rain was slowly coming down but not as hard as earlier. I cycled until I saw my garage, I threw it on the floor and raced into the warm house. Once I got to my room, I flopped down on my bed and instantly went to sleep, dreaming about Will and I's future. (if there will be one).

...

I waited for Will with my boys outside of the school. It had been 20 minutes and he should have been there, but he never turned up. I started to worry and the boys could see that.

"I'm sure he over slept Mike." Dustin calmly said.

"What if - what if he had been murdered! What if he's been kidnapped!" I exclaimed. Dustin put his hand on my shoulder to relax me.

"I'm sure he hasn't been kidnapped, he's just over slept like Dustin said." Lucas reassured.

"Alright, I'll ring him after school" I wasn't entirely convinced he was still sleeping, but what can I do?

I carried on with school, the more that time passed, the more I got worried about him. He hasn't called the school or anything, I asked the teacher if they have heard from him at all.
I felt sick.

I couldn't continue with school knowing someone I care about is in danger. I don't care if my parents find out I had skipped school, they would only do the same.
Lunch time came around, I told the boys to cover for me as I was leaving the school grounds.

I hopped on my bike and raced towards the byers household. I knew Jonathan and Joyce had their own cars and neither was in the drive way. Jonathan was at school and Joyce must have been at work. So where is Will?

I went straight to the door, knocking frantically, hoping he was going to come to the door. When he didn't answer, my anxiety went up. I eventually tried the door and it was open.

I entered expecting him to be asleep in his bed or somewhere, but throughout the house was silence. Nobody was home.
I went into Will's room, it was the same as he left it, tidy and his bed was made. He must have got up this morning.
His bike!

I ran towards the back yard, his bike was gone.
He can't be missing can he?
How can he have gone missing?
Who would have taken him?
Where did he go?

...