Chapter Ten

The morning after the meltdown, Crowley was sitting in his car, still listening to music when Aziraphale came out of the house, he was wearing his normal clothes. He got in the passenger seat and look at Crowley like he had killed Crowley's beloved pet. Crowley felt a similar way to how Aziraphale was looking at him, even though he had yet to look at his Angel. The two sat in silence for a good ten minutes before Aziraphale spoke.
"Crowley, I'm sorry for panicking last night, it was just so sudden and I didn't know how to handle it."
"I'm sorry too my love, I should have been more thoughtful about you and what you need. I hope I will do better in the future."
"I hope in the future I'm better about not running away. I never wanted to upset you like I did last night."
"I wasn't upset as much as; Worried. I knew you needed some time but, I couldn't risk anything happening to you."
"I love you Crowley." Aziraphale gave Crowley a nice kiss and grabbed his hand. Aziraphale stopped for a second. "I'm going to say goodbye to Anathema and then miracle the other car home and then we can drive home. Ok Love"
"Got it."
Aziraphale followed thought on what he said. The two drove home and talked. Mostly about random trivia facts, but also about Anathema and how she seemed settled in.
"I bet she stays here for a long time, and that she and Newt Get married." Aziraphale spoke smiling as Crowley drove.
"Ya, Anathema seems to love it in Tadfield." Crowley spoke, "it's full of love."
Aziraphle nodded before the two went quiet again. As Crowley drove Aziraphlae took Crowley's hand, and moved closer to Crowley leaning his shoulder on him. Crowley kept his eyes on the road, bright red as he drove closer to the London apartment. Aziraphale kept his hand on Crowley's allowing his eyes to close and him to drift off while Crowley drove.
When Aziraphale woke up he was in his bed, and Crowley was sitting in the chair next to the bed, Aziraphale walked over and saw he was asleep, Aziraphale smiled and then felt bad, Crowley knew that he got upset before and didn't want to ruin the relationship by moving to fast. He truly was willing to wait for as long as Aziraphale needed. He walked into the kitchen and brought out a book he had been working tough for about three days.
Aziraphale read well into the day and around one Crowley walked down stairs. He smiled at Aziraphale and poured a cup of coffee before settling in next to his angel on the couch, ensuring that he didn't overstep any boundaries. Aziraphale realized that in order to make up for the steps backward that had happened that last night, he would have to go further out of his comfort zone than he had been. He put a bookmark in his book and got up, he removed his coat, which exposed his arms to air. Cowley was focused on his coffee, so it took him a few seconds to notice but when he did, his mouth almost gaped open. He resumed his normal cool demeanor right as Aziraphale sat down practically in his lap. He was close enough that their arms touched, and he opened his book to read.
Aziraphale may have seemed under control but for the first fifteen minutes of reading he was a little uncomfortable by so much touch, until he got engrossed in his book. Aziraphale smiled as Crowley let his arms rest down beside his and untensed them. Crowley for a long time let it stay that way, just to be safe. But after two hours of sitting and reading Crowley ran his fingers through Aziraphale's short Curly blonde hair. He seemed un bothered by it, so he continued.
Although Aziraphale loved the touch and loved his hair being played with, it made his feel a little uncomroftable for about ten minutes before he settled in and could read. It made him feel happy that he could handel it. Crowley had been so slow with him, but now it was time for Aziraphale to learn to go faster.
As Crowley played with his angels hair he tried to read the book in his hands, he could only get though half of one page before he turned the page, and even then Crowley barely understood what was being said. He huffued out giving up.
"What's up Crowley?" Aziraphale asked.
"Well, how did you learn to read so fast, I'm trying to read with you, and I can't seem to understand the small portion I'm reading."
"I took a lot of practice, would you like me to read out loud?" Airaphale asked.
"No, it's fine angel." He still seemed upset so Aziraphale started reading out loud, and Crowley then put effort into reading along, and was gettting pretty good at keeping up after about ten minutes of reading, Aziraphale kept reading as Crowley followed along.
The pair contiuned to read for about two hours, until Aziraphale put a book mark in and set the book down. He got up and streched looking at him demon.
"So Crowley, would you like to go out to dinner at the ritz, I belive a tabel has opened up." Crowley smiled and nodded.
"I would love that." The pair got in the Bentley and drove over to the Ritz, as they pulled into the parking lot Crowley took Aziraphales hand and they walked in. The pair got seated immeditely and Aziraphale ordered while Crowley got some wine.
"Aziraphale. Look." Crowley wispered, and nodded to the right. Aziraphale looked and what he saw made him smile, Beelzebub and Gabriel where sittng next to eachother making out and Azirahale let out a laugh that borught the kissing pair to the attnetion of them.
Gabriel turned bright red and tried pull up his coaller but, Aziraphale had noticed the hickeys already. He smirked at Gabriel and wispered to Crowley pointing out the marks, which made Crowley almost choke on air. Laughing. Beelzebub smiked at Gabriel who was turning more red by the second. This in turn made Aziraphale laugh. The two groups ended up at the same tabel. That's when an idea popped into Crowley's head, he pulled out his phone and typed a small note to Aziraphale and then spoke.
"Want to take a seflie love?" Aziraphale nodded. Crowley bought up the camera but rather that have it in seflie he had it in forward camera, taking a photo of the pair that was across from them making out. Then taking a photo of Aziraphale and him. Crowley brought the phone down and showed both photos to Aziraphale who nodded.
"I love it, what a perfect photo." The night went on and then something suprising happened.
"Hey me and Gabriel where going to head back to my place and drink and was wondering if you wanted to join us for some drinks." Beelzebub asked, Crowley looked over at Aziraphale who looked a little uncorfotabel at the request.
"We are going to have to pass up the request tonight, we are heading into Tadfeild tommorow and have to get home."
The pair nodded in understanding and the groups left sepretly. When Crowley and Aziraphale where safley in the Bentley Crowley turned to him.
"Did I read the discomfort on your face correctly." Aziraphale nodded while smiling at the Demon.
"More becuase I wanted to spend the night alone with you, not because I didn't want to hang out with them." Aziraphale spoke pausing. "I was going to do something at the end of the dinner, but with them their I couldn't so I guess I'll do it here." He paused slightly before leaning into Crolwey, placing a kiss on his lips. Crowley kissed back before pulling Aziraphale closer. The pair held the kiss for a few seconds before Crowley pulled away.
"That was brilliant." Aziraphale spoke. He kissed the demon again, before pulling away again so Crowley could drive them home. As they drove, both of the pair could only think of kissing each other as soon as they got inside. When they arrived to the bookstore, the pair walked inside and as soon as the door was closed they were back to kissing each other.
Aziraphale felt so happy as they made out for the rest of the night, feeling any further would push Aziraphale to far and make him feel super uncomfortable, so as the night came to a close the pair went upstairs and got into bed, Aziraphale turned to Crowley planting a kiss on his lips.
"You don't have to sleep in the chair dearest, never gain." They kissed again and both fell into a sleep that was so blissful and no miracles would be used to wake up having dreamed up each other.